Pages

Followers

Friday 1 August 2008

Pretty Poinsettia!!!

Here is a card I have made with a set of Stampendous stamps I recently bought.
This was another card for the Bondaweb workshop this time using Twinkling H2O's.
At the moment we have some lovely double sided card on our Paper Cellar stand. Red on one side and green on the other so it is perfect for Christmas cards and lovely for stamping on.
I have used the green side to make a backing paper by stamping the fir image in Versamark and then overstamping with the fircone using gold Brilliance.
For the centre panel I used a piece of cream card which was given a wash of gold H2O then stamped with the greeting.
The Bondaweb was melted on next and for this effect you need to allow the webbing to bubble up and burst to create holes then once you are happy with the effect take a darker colour of H2O and paint it over the top of the melted Bondaweb for a distressed look.
The poinsettia was stamped one on each side of the double sided card and embossed with gold EP. The green layer was cut out as the full image and then the red had a few areas trimmed out to allow the green bracts to show once layered.
The ribbon was secured around the panel and then mounted onto some gold card.


Well I have yet another set of new stamps to play with. Deb was on Ebay the other day and saw a fabulous 1940's themed A4 unmounted plate which she knew I would love and bid on them for me. They came yesterday so I may have a little play with them later.

Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-