Pages

Followers

Sunday 20 July 2008

Manic Does Housework!!!

Yep...........that's the shock/horror headlines on this blog today..............lol!!!
Now that my workroom is finished I thought I had best get to grips with all the jobs that have been put aside so I have spent a couple of days catching up with those......despite still having unplayed with stash. Still I have managed to get on top of the dust and had a bit of a play this afternoon using a new Cuttlebug die and embossing folder set. I had an order in for a wedding card so it was a good excuse to play with it.
The scallop circle and plain circle are Sizzix dies and the heart is the new CB die which you cut and then put into a small folder........and hey presto it embosses detail in just the right places. I added a few tiny punched flowers with crystals for the centres and that was that job done.
This will be a useful die for me as you know how much I hate making wedding cards.

We had such a performance with a lost order/delivery at work last week. We seemed to have been waiting a long time for the delivery so Deb phoned the company to see what had happened to it and to cut a long story short we were told that the delivery company had said that they had phoned us for a delivery time and that we had refused delivery...........I think not......we wanted that stash. So the company sent us a replacement delivery as our original order was stuck in Belgium. The order arrived overnight by last Saturday but there was so much stuff out of stock since our original order..........but then guess what..........Wednesday the original parcels arrived...much battered and some repacked.....even so we got all the stuff that was now out of stock and were able to take out some of the things that we had sold out of.
Unfortunately this means that I am now virtually destitute as I bought sooooo much stuff you wouldn't believe how much. Loads of new Cuttlebug stuff, about nine or ten sets of stamps, jars of gorgeous poinsettia flowers and tubes of paper flower, papers, packs of encaustic card (love this for inky backgrounds)..........and I can't remember what else.
Three of the new sets of stamps were from Prima and they are just yumptious but I didn't get to play with them yet......hopefully will sometime this week.

Well I am totally worn out with all the domestic activity so I am going to have a quick browse on some blogs and then I am off to bed.
Night night.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Sheila, It sounds like you have had a very busy week, will have to pop into shop to see all the new goodies before you claim them all. Love you latest card, my favourite colours.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-