Pages

Followers

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Lark Rise!!!

DD bought me this beautiful cookery book and cook's note book on Saturday from the hospice book shop in town.
I am so pleased that the note book hasn't been written in so that I will be able to fill it with my own recipes to pass on to DD.
I have had a quick look through it but to me it is one of those books to be read in the winter while snuggling under a quilt with a nice cup of tea.
Meanwhile it's gorgeousness will be propped up on the dresser.

It's absolutely sweltering here so guess what this mad woman is making for tea......steak and onion pie.
There is a pan of meat braising and obviously the oven will be on later but at least Andy will go off to work tonight a happy man with his tummy full of pie and chips.....I did offer new potatoes and veg but no....he wanted chips.

I missed a quick cuddle with my Ruby this morning when she was dropped off for Grandad to take her to school. I hadn't had a good night as it was so warm so I overslept. I will send kisses with Andy when he picks her up to take her home later and then catch up with the cuddles tomorrow when she comes for tea.

Although the thermometer only says 24C it feels so much hotter and I can't get up much enthusiasm for doing anything so the order of the day will be pootling and faffing with a bit of hoovering once Andy gets up. The jobs still get done but maybe not as many as should be done and at a far slower pace than normal. Who cares? Tomorrow is another day....lol.

I'm off for a cool drink and a read of the papers.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely book. Take it easy today and I hope you manage to get a more restful nights sleep tonight. I love the heat but can understand it can be stifling for some.
    It's another beautiful day here but I think we're staying at home for once with the paddling pool out. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really nice book Jules and has some lovely pictures in it.
      Ooooh I could have done with a paddling pool today. Hope you enjoyed yours-x-

      Delete
  2. For the first time since I arrived on this Island it is hot and I have got the oven on baking and cooking for my little visitors who are waiting to get onto the Ferry. Long may it last.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that just the way it goes M. I feel like I've been in a blast furnace today-x-

      Delete
  3. Your new book looks lovely, an excellent way possible to pass on recipes xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to enjoy snuggling up and reading it properly Cheryl-x-

      Delete
  4. I have a red and spotty Lark Rise to Candleford book but it's not a notebook as well. Yes it is best in the winter reading while snuggling. It's been hot and thundery here today...possibly be hearing some more claps in the night. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thunder here yet thank goodness but it's been unbearably hot.
      I'm ready for Winter now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. What a lovely book DD bought for you. It's been a bit cooler here today with a lovely breeze. I did a pasta bake so the oven was on here as well. Did ruby find her shoes bless her. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's such a kind daughter Suzanne.
      Very hot here today and although there was a breeze it wasn't very cooling.
      Andy forgot to ask Ruby about her shoes but I will find out when she comes for her tea.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-