Pages

Followers

Wednesday 5 July 2017

An Absolute Bag Of A Day!!!

Well yesterday was OK for a while.....until my back decided that it didn't want to play nice. I don't know what happened. There was no heavy lifting, reaching or stretching going on....it just went while I was preparing the pork and beans for tea. So I spent most of the day hobbling and shuffling like an old lady.
This morning it has gone so I don't know what that was all about.

I woke up feeling vaguely housewifey so got straight on to the jobs for the day apart from the hoovering which will have to wait until the mister gets up and I have no plans for much else apart from preparing tea as Miss Doodle will be here later.
Her order for tea today.....Philadelphia Flip and Dip cheese, Herb and Garlic soft cheese and hummous with tortilla chips, bruschetta bakes and veg sticks. I may have the same but Andy would kill me if I gave him that for his tea so he and DD will have a ploughmans which should use up the last of the salad ready for new supplies when I go shopping.
Lots of chopping then but at least I don't have to have the oven on......oh poop....yes I do as I have to cook the part baked baguettes😒

Still can't settle to any sewing so once Ruby has gone home tonight I am going to sort out all of my UFO's into bags and put them all together in one place so that when the mood strikes me I can just grab a bag and go and work on it until it is done.com.
I'll need to order some more batting soon as I think there is only enough left for a couple of the quilts.
Once they are done I am going to start on Christmas projects as I still have two Advent Calendars I need to make.

It's feeling pretty warm here now so I think a cold drink today with lots of ice rather than a coffee and then on with the chopping.

Have a wonderful day y'all.
Sheila-x-

 

10 comments:

  1. I must order some batting soon I need to make window quilts in time for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Window quilts....oh how cosy that sounds. I'd love to see them when you have made them-x-

      Delete
  2. I am glad your back has put itself right, I like the sound of your pork and beans x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the quickest bad back I have ever had.
      The pork and beans is gorgeous...let me know if you want the recipe-x-

      Delete
  3. Know how you feel - just one wrong move and bang! Take things easy - good excuse to ditch the hoovering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even a slight twist can do it... it's not necessarily what you've just done either, but what you've done previously...quite a lot of salad days here too...though caveman no. 2 doesn't like salad! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy doesn't particularly like salad either but I put my stern face on and he'll eat it....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Great to hear your back is feeling normal once again. I got my Christmas book out yesterday and started making a list of supplies I will be needing so that I can do some shipping when we come over to the mainland in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love shopping for Christmas craft things....don't you?
      Just the colours can make me giddy with excitement...lol-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-