Pages

Followers

Tuesday 9 December 2008

Artemio Flowers!!!

Here is a card I made today using a set of Artemio stamps.
I have used an Olive Green StazOn ink pad to stamp the flower outlines onto a card mat and coloured with pencils and low odour thinners.....even though it doesn't show much on the finished card I like to know I did a thorough job.
I then used a solid flower stamp with Memories chalk ink onto vellum. This ink pad is new so is very juicy and the effect came out just like watercolouring which surprised me as I was expecting a flat matt finish. The ink did need to be dried with a heat gun.
Didn't have a single piece of card that either matched or co-ordinated very well with the colours of the main image so I coloured up some to match using the chalk inks in the colour of the flowers and a soft green.
Outlined the flowers with a gold gel pen which turned a beautiful coppery pink and then added Stickles around the swirly bits and some gold corners.......4 down and about 2 million to go.......lol!!!
Quite a simple card but I am rather pleased with it as I don't usually do simple very well.


I am so looking forward to the Christmas break now as I have lots of new things to play with that I have had for weeks and not even opened yet.
Yesterday I bought home the Storybook cartridge for Jimminy Cricut and if Deb orders again before Christmas I have my eye on the Wild Card cartridge too. I have a sneaky suspicion that Santa may have some crafty stuff for me as well.....wonder if Deb would give me a month off with pay......lol!!!


Kettle has boiled and I am off for a cuppa.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Ohh i do like this Sheila wish my brain would come up with ideas like yours...Love the effect of painting on vellum..must give this a go
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-