Pages

Followers

Tuesday 20 March 2007

Oh What A Knight!!!


Oooooooh blimey it's cold today.
Had a fab day at work apart from the fact that I couldn't get warm all day. My feet were so cold that they hurt so I was glad to get home and get my slippers on.
I forgot to put some money in my purse before I went out this morning and when I got to the shop I found the new Basic Grey paper had arrived though some was out of stock. So I counted the shrapnel I had which came to just over four pounds.....big dilemma.......do I eat lunch? Or do I go home with some gorgeous paper? As you may guess the paper won hands down......lol!!!
I didn't go totally without though as I found a Cuppa Soup lurking on the shelf and had that with some crispbreads and Philly with chives.
I am in heaven now then with a sheet of Garden Party from the Stella Ruby Collection, a couple of sheets each of Sari and Julia from the Perhaps Collection and a couple of sheets each of Recognition and Rapture from the Scarlet's Letter Collection.
Boy are they gorgeous or what? Got to do something with those tomorrow.
Finished the Inchies for the swap on UK Stampers and I feel awful because I really didn't like doing them. Maybe if I had more leisure time I could get into them but I spend pretty much all of my crafting time working on stuff for workshops and demo's or my own cards which I sell so all the time I was doing them I felt that I should be doing something else. Also they are nowhere near as good as some of the one's I have seen. Never mind.......I've had a go so at least I can say I've done it.
At the moment I am having a dabble with the Medieval stamp sets from TandaStamps and I am trying to be good and make each card with stamps from just one set rather than mixing them.
This is the card I did tonight when I got home using Medieval Knights Set 2.
They are really fab stamps and each set has large images and smaller stuff that can be used for backgrounds.
The background for this card is some lovely off white card with grey specks in it and I have used the small heraldic shield with black Stazon to create a patterned paper.
The knight and the Fleur de Lys have been stamped onto some of my blackboard card using white Brilliance ink.
The strap has been cut from a scrap of blackboard card and then edged with silver Krylon. I also coloured the brad with the Krylon pen as it was an antique bronze one which didn't look right with the card.
I'm quite happy with it as I think the colour makes a nice change from browns which I usually use for this type of card.
There are still quite a few of stamps left in the set to play with and I have one or two more ideas lurking in the grey matter.
Off to play then until bedtime.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're not totally starving for your ART...LOL!!!
    what an amazing card Sheila.. just love this..I think I could get lost in Stamping with medieval stamps... this one is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got caught in a snow flurry yesterday and it was FREEZING. Like you glad to get home and get those slippers on. I did not make such a brilliant card though in the evening. This is lovely Sheila and a great one for the always difficult male dilemma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-