Pages

Followers

Wednesday 7 March 2007

Gardening At Night

Had a fab day yesterday at work. Another delivery........this time our restock of Bazzill card. Some was colours we had run out of but we had some new colours too. I was in raptures over some of the new ones which are like lovely soft ice cream colours. This is quite worrying given my penchant for dark colours....lol!!!
I'm hoping that our order of Clarity stamps arrive this week as I can't wait to get my hands on some of them.


Came home floating about six inches off the floor. I was doing a class on Waterfall Cards in the afternoon and we were just chatting away as you do and for some reason the conversation came around to age and I told them that I would be having my big five oh birthday this year. They were all so shocked and I got a bit worried thinking that maybe they thought I was older.........turns out that they all thought that I was in my late thirties. You can imagine how fab that made me feel. So I have cancelled the tanker of Revitalift for now.


Had an urgent need to do some messy crafting after doing the Waterfall Cards and I seem to have rather a lot of floorwax about in different jars and bottles. I decided to have a play with it along with my Perfect Pearls and some offcuts of dark card.
I started by sponging the floorwax onto some black textured card and then flicked PP's over it from a brush.
Then I sponged more floorwax over that.
Sponging does tend to leave lots of little bubbles so I dabbed over the surface with a tissue which got rid of those and then left it to dry.
The card did curl a bit so I ironed it on the back which sorted that problem out.
Once it was dry I started thinking about things I could stamp to look like solid silver to mount onto the background but nothing I tried seemed quite right. Anyway for some reason an REM song kept going round and round in my head. Why I don't know because I haven't played it for ages...........I'm just in my David Gray period at the moment........lol!!!
The song is called Gardening at Night so that led me to thinking about a garden on a frosty night and hey presto I had a theme to work on.
I used Moonlight White Brilliance to stamp the shadow flowers and once that was dry added touches of Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue.


I'm quite pleased with the effect and will be trying it again with other colours.


Back to the experimenting then but first I really need to move this two drawer chest from under my desk as I keep catching my knee on it and it's getting quite sore.
Bye for now
Sheila-X-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-