Pages

Followers

Saturday 15 February 2020

The Saturday Snuggle Down!!!

Thankfully the scratchy throat and gritty eyes haven't turned into anything horrible so far. my eyes are still a bit gritty feeling but nothing I can't cope with.

Top up shopping has been done early this morning. DD went and did it for me while I stayed home and put some braising steak and onions on to simmer ready for making a steak pie for lunch tomorrow. I need to get it cooked and out of the way so that I have room for the cooking of tea tonight which will be a Chinese Fakeaway.......sweet and sour chicken with stir fried veg and noodles and vegetable spring rolls.
It's so disgusting outside that nobody would want to go and fetch a takeaway. If it rains all day the road will be flooded and a homemade meal means it's much cheaper.

So.....today we are just snuggling down and enjoying a quiet day at home all doing our own thing until after tea when we will settle down and watch some more Game of Thrones which we are working our way through again as we now have season eight to add to our collection.

I hope you all stay safe and warm in this horrible weather.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. You're wise to hunker down, Sheila. It's miserable out there. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hatches are battened down and the heating cranked up. We're going nowhere this weekend. Sorry to hear you've been suffering. I get gritty eyes and they're horrid. Stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay warm and safe. We're having a really cold spell. It was only -14c/7f when we went out this morning. Brrr. With the winds blowing it had to be the coldest day yet this year! I am (not so patiently) waiting for Spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you don't seem to be coming down with something. We had a bit of rain during the day but nothing we're not used to, then the heavens opened for an hour last night and that was it. Steak pie sounds delicious. Been a long time since we've had anything like that. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunkering down is what we are doing to. I must admit I will be glad when these storm have passed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dennis has dumped a whole months worth of rain here overnight and it hasn't stopped all morning. 4pm now and the sun has come out! I hope that's it for now. I've stayed in today too. It's not worth venturing out. Glad your cold hasn't developed, Sheila. That would be all you need xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't blame you snuggling down, we stayed in toasty warm too as it rained all day.. I bet that braising steak pie was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rain, sleet....and wind...lots of wind. ☹️Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-