Pages

Followers

Friday 7 February 2020

Shiverin'!!!

Golly I am cold this morning. The sun has been out this morning so it's been lovely and bright but there is still an icy nip in the air.

Missing in action yesterday as we had to go into the big town to get a replacement curtain pole. We were trying to be frugal and reuse one we had in the shed but couldn't find the fittings to make it work. It will get used somewhere else eventually.
While I was in W***o I found two bargains.....a reduced reusable Christmas shopping bag....50p and a desk tidy reduced from £3.50 to 90p...perfect for my cross stitch charts and journal.
A visit to a new charity shop I'd not seen before yielded the most fabulous house shaped photo frame which will be altered and used as a mount for some cross stitch...£1.25.
I came home a happy bunny.

Today is just a pottering kind of day with some little jobs done and this afternoon I will be stitching.

Tomorrow Andy is being taken out for lunch.....his Christmas gift from DS.....so he is off to Nottingham. DD and I are going to Derby for an hour or two and we may have lunch out.
No Sunday lunch to cook this week with me being at The Doodle House. We are having ham and salad instead and I'll make a roast dinner in the week.

Have you got anything nice planned for the weekend?

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. You do realise that if you ever give up trying to find the fixings and ditch the pole about a week later they’ll turn up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy fixings in B&Q - we had two poles from Ikea that we had at the cottage and we cannot find the fixing brackets but we managed to get some wooden ones in B&Q so they are now in my daughters new house.
    We are having a restful weekend or at least that is what we intend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. No plans for the weekend - just going to hunker down and stay warm. I have a good book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No plans at all this weekend. I might just make a start on a piece of embroidery

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just bracing myself for the bad weather here. Also my cold has since been replaced by a stomach bug, so I'm taking things easy this weekend.
    Enjoy your time in Derby. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not really preparing once again for the storm to hit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm certainly not going out today, Sheila. It's so cold, wet and windy now that the predicted storm has arrived. Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I managed to get myself on the cleaning rota at church so was there yesterday for an hour. Actually it spurred me on to do a bit of my own stuff when I got home. Apart from that it's been a quiet weekend. Hope you've enjoyed your day with Marlowe. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-