Pages

Followers

Monday 24 February 2020

Another Quiet Sunday!!!

Nothing much going on here yesterday so I didn't post as I didn't want to send you all to sleep....lol.
I cooked lunch, we ate lunch, I stitched, DD read and Andy watched tv through his eyelids as usual.

The rearranging of the freezer got put off until today as the wind kept banging the shed door into my legs as I was trying to sort stuff on Saturday but that job is now done and I have no need to do a freezer shop for a good while by the looks of it although everything in the two freezers is hearty Winter meal stuff. I am ready to get it all used up and refill with lighter meals for Spring.
Looking at the weather forecast for this area for the next fortnight though there are blue raindrops nearly every day so I think Spring is a little way off yet.

Another flood has appeared on the lane into town. Buses, lorries and vans seem to be coping with it but for cars it's a little too deep so we are having to get to town along the A50. I hate the A50 even though I am only ever a passenger so I am not going out much at the moment.
This is a minor inconvenience compared to what others are having to put up with but annoying none the less.

As DD was off work last week the laundry basket is quite light today for change so it should all be done and put away before tea time and I can have some stitching time.

Hope you are all having a good day today.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Watching TV through his eyelids! That made me giggle, that's Jon all over!
    I can't believe you've had weather like this for so long, it's so depressing and a real effort to go anywhere. I'm hoping that snow they forecast avoids the Midlands! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no wonder he watches the same programmes over and over again Vix....lol.
      This weather is definitely getting me down now. I'm hoping the snow misses us too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Love your sense of humour! We visited our younger daughter in North Yorkshire at the weekend - fields are now lakes and we had only one road open to us to get to her house. Not quite so bad here in West Yorkshire other than Hebden Bridge etc.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good job I have a sense of humour....lol.
      So tired of this weather now. Surely it has to break soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Yep, another tv through eyelids watcher here (husband that is, not me! Clearly a man thing). We've been really lucky here, the fields are sodden and the lanes full of mud and big puddles, but no full on flooding. A couple of power cuts, but that's fairly usual for here anyway, wind or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't mind Sooze but he naps on and off all day and then complains about not being able to sleep at night.
      Surprisingly we haven't had a power cut....we usually do but just the odd flickering of the lights these last couple of storms.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. The sun is shining brightly for the first time in months today but alas the weather is predicted to change again as from tomorrow. Spring is definitely not arriving here anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here MM.
      We were supposed to get snow today but thankfully we haven't. More rain to come from later this afternoon it says :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-