Pages

Followers

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Sod's Law!!!

It's a beautiful day today.....sunny with blue skies and fluffy white clouds tinged with a tiny bit of grey. The breeze is a bit spiteful but never the less it would have been a great day to get out for a bit of fresh air except Andy's car is in for it's annual service so we couldn't go anywhere.
You watch.....it will be vile again tomorrow.
Still....I have got some jobs done this morning...two loads of laundry washed and dried and the oven doors scrubbed.....the rest of the oven will get done on Thursday as I will have to start cooking shortly.
I have also sorted out all of my crafting paints and varnishes so that they are now all in one drawer ready for when I need them.
Quite a productive morning for someone who didn't get much sleep last night due to a restless DD one floor up. All the bangs and wallops woke me up at 2am and I never did get back off properly.

Two meals to cook tonight as Andy wants braised liver which DD and I will not eat. I think we'll just have good old beans on toast with a nice cup of tea but I'll wait and see if she fancies that when she gets in.....it may all change depending on her mood.

Right....I'm off to sort out that disgusting liver.

Hope you all have sunshine today.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. I am rather a fan of liver but no one else will eat it so it is a rarity for me to have it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love it but I just can't stomach it now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. What a shame the car was out of action when you had a bit of decent weather! Our car's in the garage today too, but the weather's not good enough to go out in any case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today we have the car but the weather is filthy again :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It has been sleet and a bit of snow here with the odd dry patch. I remember having to cook liver for Domestic Science at school - being vegetarian it was hard and I swear it was still alive in the pan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No snow for us....I am past wanting any now.
      The liver smelt disgusting. I was glad when it had been eaten.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I used to quite like liver (and it is so good for you - all that iron) but I had a bad experience with some that made me very sick so haven't eaten any since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to eat it years ago but I just couldn't now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Ack I hope the weather cooperates with you. We went away for the weekend and - thank goodness - the weather was lovely and sunny (really rare here for Feb).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to rain again today Sharon.
      Heartily sick of it now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Ugh to liver :/ I can't stand the smell or the look of the raw stuff so never cook it for G any more. I'd much rather eat veggies :)
    Isn't the weather strange, Sheila, sun one minute then sleety rain the next. I think snow is forecast for our area tonight. I'm staying in! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hubby and I quite like liver, but neither son or daughter do, so we hadn’t had it for years. Just before Christmas, it was the two of us, so I said I’d do liver, bacon and onions. We were half way through eating it, when hubby said “you’ve forgotten something”. I couldn’t see what was at all. So he just looked at me and said “Bacon”. I couldn’t believe I forgot the bacon! Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-