Pages

Followers

Thursday 27 February 2020

Men!!!

Andy has scuppered my oven cleaning today as he has had the oven on and I need it cold to be able to do the job. I am not in the least bit bothered really as I have redesignated today as a play day and have been having some fun dying cross stitch fabrics ready for some future projects...varying results but I am pretty happy with them.
My current project is very nearly finished so I will show that and my new start in another post when it's done.

The weather is fairly nice today and has inspired me to put salad on the menu for tonight. I can't wait until it it will be on the menu every night as I am heartily sick of Winter meals now....although I am rather looking forward to using the mutton I have in the freezer to make a stew next week sometime.

Ruby came for tea last night in an absolutely brilliant mood having been given an achievement award for computer studies. She hasn't much confidence in that class and often comes home upset so it has given her a real boost.

Last night we had a lazy night in front of the tv and started our new box set of Last Tango In Halifax.
Why have I never watched it before? It is absolutely brilliant and we all love it.
We won't watch the new one on catch up as it doesn't take long for the DVD to come out usually after a series has ended.

Andy has just handed me a lovely mug of coffee so I am going to drink that while I read some blogs and then I am off to stitch for a while.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

15 comments:

  1. Well done to Ruby on her achievement. Just a little encouragement can go a long way so I hope it gives her the boost she needs.

    We woke up to a thin layer of snow but it soon melted. It's been very cold but sunny and bright which makes a change from rain.

    I've watched Last Tango in Halifax from the start but there are such long gaps in between series I've forgotten a lot of the background story lines! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was one happy Ganma Suzanne as her computer class is on a Wednesday and if she does come home upset it is always on my two or three hours with her.
      Snow here this morning....Yuck!!!
      Season one is finished and we are looking forward to starting season 2 tonight.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Well done, Ruby!
    Our weather definitely hasn't been salad weather today, we had curry for tea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.
      No salad here today....it's flippin' awful outside.
      Hug-x-

      Delete
  3. Good on Ruby! That’ll do her the world of good for her confidence. I’ve not watched Last Tango in Paris, but the trailer of the new series looks good, so perhaps I’ll get it up on catch up and make it my new ironing programme:) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it did Ann. She was just so happy it bought tears to my eyes.
      Just finished season one of Lost Tango In Halifax and I can thoroughly recommend it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Excited that there's another season of LTIH. Hope we get it here sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fabulous Chris. Can't think why I didn't watch it before.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Well done Ruby - having an award does help students with their confidence. I watched the previous Last Tango - of course Halifax is just up the road from us. Missed the new one I think - was it this week? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      Yes.... Ruby is a clever little girl but she doesn't enjoy her computer classes so that little boost was very good for her.

      I think the new one this week so there should be another five episodes or so.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Well Sheila...happy to diagnose an almost perfect couple of days that you have had...here's to many more...no oven cleaning always has to be a bonus surely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes.....as I hate oven cleaning I was very happy to put it off.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. We are back to rain, with another storm heading our way. Roll on Spring. Well done to Ruby, thrilled it has given her confidence a little boost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here MM. It's disgusting here this morning.

      Awww thank you....I was thrilled too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Last tango in Halifax. Hmmmm...sounds interesting. Does it actually take place in Halifax, NS? I live just 2 hours from there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-