Pages

Followers

Thursday 2 January 2020

Right....Let's Get Cracking!!!

We've had a lot of lazy days over the last week or so and now I am ready to start getting my teeth into some jobs around the house. The kitchen never did get it's proper deep clean before Christmas so I will be starting in there tomorrow and I fully expect to wear me Marigolds out.....lol.
I would have started today but Andy has just gone to pick Ruby up as she is desperate for a visit and all housework stops when she is here so that I can give her my full attention.

One of my aims over the next few months is to find Andy some jobs that he can get his teeth into. He has been retired for three months now and he is getting bored and snappy. He doesn't have much in the way of patience and his DIY skills aren't up to much but I'm sure I'll be able to find him something to occupy him.

Tomorrow we have a big birthday in the house....DD is turning forty. She doesn't want a big party so we are booking a meal out for us and The Doodles at the Chinese buffet next weekend with the added embarrassment of a birthday cake delivered by waitresses in daft hats just to make it a bit more fun. Andy, Ruby and I will be off into town to book it and choose the cake once she gets here.

I hope you are all having a good start to this new year.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Shelia to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely to hear from you MM.
      A Happy New Year to you too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It is good to get back to the usual routine, isn't it? I got my oven cleaned yesterday, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is Liz.
      The oven is on my list to do and I am not looking forward to it :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. How is Andy with a Dyson? When you have finished with him, send him round here. I have some jobs that need doing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't know Ilona....we haven't gone one....lol....but I am sure he could be trained.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year, Sheila. Christmas got put away here this morning. I've had a wonderful time but need to get back into a routine now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree will come down on Saturday thank goodness and then that will be it and then I'll try and get into as good a routine as I can with Andy here. I have let things slide a bit but the sergeant major is back now :)
      Hope your new year is fabulous.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year, Sheila and enjoy your deep cleaning! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn....I shall enjoy the end results but not the doing so much.
      Have a great new year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Love that Ruby is desperate to visit you. Definitely worth putting pressing pause on the cleaning for.

    Men seem to need occupying as much as children when they're bored don't they.

    In case you don't post tomorrow a Very Happy Birthday to DD. As parents, no matter how old our children are, it's our right to embarrass them and I can't think of a better way to do that than have people in silly hats singing Happy Birthday to you lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a break from little sister was her top priority...lol.

      Oh don't they just...it drives me nuts.

      Thanks for the good wishes for Roz. I'll pass them on :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. When my father retired, my mother told HIM that SHE retired from any cooking any longer!! And boy, did she mean it because she didn't cook again until my father went on at home hospice in May 2018 and she cooked his meals again!!! So that was almost 28 years of no cooking on her side after Dad's retirement! Now Dad got so bored after his retirement that he joined a dance band & concert band (he played coronet and trumpet for over 70 years) and he worked part time (10-15 hrs a week) 1st as security at night and then as a bagger at a grocery store. He loved the part time work. My grandfather worked part time after retirement too, as a school crossing guard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy will be looking for something part time now Christmas is over. I just hope he can find something.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Can't imagine being bored in retirement. I have had to cut back on some of my volunteer activities. Maybe he could find something in that area to keep him busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been retired for nearly seven years and I've never been bored yet either Chris.
      He's going to be looking for a part time job.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-