Pages

Followers

Wednesday 29 January 2020

First Finish!!!

.....and it's done.....


My first finish of Twenty For 2020.
It just needs trimming up and steam ironing and then I can choose my next project.

I think I may be on the verge of getting my cooking mojo back at last.
Last night I made a very frugal pork and root veg tray bake with some yellow sticker thin cut loin chops I had lurking in the freezer. Nothing groundbreaking there but I served it up with steamed broccoli and a pork and cider gravy and it was absolutely delicious.
While I was in the kitchen I thought I would get ahead with tea for today and poached some chicken ready to make a chicken and leek pie with a crispy crumb topping instead of pastry. I hope Ruby likes it as she is a huge fan of my normal chicken pie. It will be served with Parmentier potatoes (ooooh get me.....lol), carrots.......and the obligatory gravy.

Nothing much going on here today apart from a bit of tidying and some hoovering when Andy has done tramping in and out so I will make myself a coffee and have a look through my charts for my next project.

Hope you are having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


13 comments:

  1. I really can't believe you've done all that in such a short space of time Sheila, it looks stunning.

    The pork bake sounds delicious. I'm right off cooking at the moment. The quicker I can get in and out of the kitchen the better lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can stitch pretty quickly when there are large areas of one colour like the snow and the borders.....not so quick when it comes to the fiddly bits though.

      All I can say is....it's a good job we don't have Deliveroo or Just Eat round here....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. A very nice finish indeed....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your first Twenty for 2020, especially the snow on the lettering! You’re a very Cross stitcher too. Looking forward to hearing about no.2 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say a very neat cross stitcher! The robins are lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very nearly left the birds off as on the pattern they looked out of proportion. Love them now they are stitched though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Lovely cross stitch! I really need to get started on another project. I find starting and getting stuff ready is the toughest part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon.
      Yes....the kitting up and getting started is the toughest.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Love the cross stitch, I really must start again myself. I used to cross stitch all the time but nowadays I mostly do really easy knitting, hats and blankets for charity. I wish I could get my cooking mojo back, I'm seriously thinking of doing an Iceland shop and stocking up on quick and easy dinners. I suppose after 35 years of trying to think what to cook each day I'm due a little rest, and hubby and son are no help if I ask what they want to eat it's always 'I don't know' or 'whatever you're making'. I feel guilty not serving homemade meals although adult son would happily eat pizza and burgers every day. Looking forward to seeing your next finished work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great finish. I was so impressed by the sound of your meals, I wish I lived nearer so I could pop around for tea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-