Today I have started on the demos for Monks Den Crafts and that had to involve stamping and inking and generally getting messy so I was in seventh heaven.
I'll add details of materials and techniques once I have done the demo next Saturday.
If you are in or around Ashby-de-la-Zouch from 10am onwards I hope you will pop in and say hi.
I'm just waiting now to feed Mr Manic and then I am back upstairs to cut things up and make bags ready for the demo while I can still remember what I used. I always promise myself that I will write it all down but do I heck as like......lol!!!
Then I need to design a couple more cards.
Thanks for your visit today.
Edited to add instructions for everyone who asked.
Green card-stamp image repeatedly with Versamark ink to create a watermark effect.
Ink edges with Vintage Photo DI.
A 2.75in strip of cherry print paper from the Papermania Happy Days stack inked all over with Antique Linen DI and edged with Vintage Photo DI.
To get the size of packet to suit the stamped image I measured the stamp first to create the image layer and worked up.
A 4.25in x 3.00in piece of check print paper from the Happy Days stack.
Ink all over with Antique Linen and edge with Vintage Photo.
Roughen edges with scissors or a distressing tool and re-ink with Vintage Photo.
Flick with water and dab with a tissue to remove excess.
Stamp image with black Versafine and colour using Berry and Pear Promarkers.
Adhere this to a 4.50in x 3.25in piece of green cardstock which has been roughed around the edges and inked with Vintage Photo.
For the packet I have used a distress patterned paper (something like the reverse side of Basic Grey) but brown Kraft paper would work well too.
Cut your paper to 7.50in x 6.75in.
With the 7.50in edge across the top of your scoring board-score at 2.00in and 5.50in.
Turn and score at 1.00in and 5.75in.
Cut out the four oblongs in the corners and fold all the score lines.
Fold the two larger side pieces over and glue.
Round the corners of the small flaps and then glue the bottom flap.
Fold the top flap over and edge with Vintage Photo ink.
Open the top flap and ink around that then crumple slightly, roughen the edges and re-ink with Vintage Photo.
Adhere the image to the packet.
Plant sticks are four inch by five eighths cut to a point and edged with Vintage Photo.
I used sticky notes to mask off the plant name on the stamp while I inked it, removed the notes and stamped the name onto one label.
I made a small hank of garden string which I secured with sellotape and then stamped part of the image onto a 1.00in strip of paper and wrapped around as a label.
Seeds are made by taking a piece of brown card, adding double sided tape to it then using a quarter inch circle plier punch to cut them out. After arranging them on the card I added Crackle Accents.
Letters are from a sheet of stickers and have been coloured with an Umber Promarker.
The letters were shiny so I found it best to dab the colour on with the broad nib and dry with a heat gun.
The Candi has also been coloured with the Umber pen.
The stamp used is Stampendous Botanical Asperula.
Enjoy..........and please show me how it turns out if you have a go.