Pages

Followers

Thursday 26 November 2015

Of Christmas And Winter!!!

Today I have sat wrapping twenty five tiny gifts to fill the quilted Advent calendar I made for Ruby. I did try not to go down the chocolate route so only about eight pockets contain chocolate and the rest are a mixture of hair bands, hair slides, erasers, tiny bath fizzers and lip glosses. Number 25 is an Olaf pen which can write in several different colours. She will love it.

Seasoned knitters need to pretend they haven't seen the horror of my scarf. It's not awfully pretty but I have to say it does the job I wanted it to do. I will probably have a fiddle with the pattern when I have more time to concentrate as I would like one in moss stitch and maybe some different colours to go with different coats. I've nearly finished one for Ruby in bright, sparkly pink and will take more care with the gathering and the application of the band. Mine was just a...........mmmm.......I wonder if trial.

We had a new Poundland open in the town not so long ago and I picked up a pack each of dried mango and pineapple. So the other day I had a fiddle with the recipe for Oat Biscuits which I posted the link for and made Tropical Fruit and Coconut Cookies. Oh my goodness they were sooooo nice. 
Here's how I made them........

100g Butter
100g Self Raising Flour
100g Desicated Coconut
25g each of Dried Mango and Pineapple snipped into small pieces
50g Demarara Sugar
2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup

Heat oven to 180 degrees
Put the butter, sugar and golden syrup into a microwaveable bowl and gently heat until melted.
Add the flour, coconut and dried fruit and mix thoroughly.

Place dessertspoons (I use a tiny ice cream scoop and manage to get 18 biscuits) of the mixture onto a baking tray and flatten slightly with a fork.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.

My lot loved these and I'm sorry there is no photo........they all went. I am thinking I might make some to add in with the gifts we are giving this year at Christmas.

Well best go and make a start on tea. DD will be cold and hungry when she gets in having been outside all day.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Your scarf looks snuggle and warm. I am such a slow lazy knitter! Love the advent calendar. It still doesn't feel Christmassy yet for me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-