Pages

Followers

Sunday 27 November 2011

I'm Done!!!


I've really had it with Christmas cards now. The stand at the shop is full and all my orders are up to date so I thought I would take time out to make a start on everyday cards ready for when the Christmas cards come out.
I wanted to use up some Cosmo Cricket papers and this gorgeous poppy stamp from Indigo Blu. What doesn't show very well in the picture is the lovely glaze on the poppy which came about by accident. I had stamped the image onto some pink distressed paper and sprayed it with Crafters Companion Irridescent Glitter. It looked pretty horrible so I took a red ProMarker and coloured over the spray which made it look more like a shimmery glaze than glittery and I love it. I shall be trying that again. The pen does turn the spray sticky at first but once it's dry it's fine.

Well it's been proper busy at Manic Towers. I've had Ruby ten days on the trot....including the three days away as DS had to go away for a couple of days and was away on his rest day. I am expecting to have her extra this next week too as he will be away again for a few days.
The Christmas tree has gone up today as it's the nearest day to December 1st that DD has off to do it and I do like the tree up and flashing it's lights by December 1st.
Christmas shopping is nearly done. I can't believe I have been so organised this year as I am usually running around at the last minute. This week I will make a start on cooking for the freezer and get as much food prepared ahead as I can as there will be nine of us for lunch and tea.

I can't be doing with this warm weather we are having. I want cold and frost and SNOW at this time of year and to be snuggling. Instead I am still in sleeveless tops. It's just not right.
Anyhoo I am off to watch a film with DD as she is back to work tomorrow night and then I had best have an early night. Ruby wasn't at her best last week as she has her last teeth coming through and I was just a tad frazzled by the end of the week.

Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-