Pages

Followers

Wednesday 12 September 2007

Me Poor Neglected Blog!!!



I am so sorry for being such a lacksadaisical blogger at the moment. I just don't seem to have enough hours in the day lately.
I could have blogged yesterday but we had a bit of a special day here to celebrate. It was our 31st wedding anniversary. Hubby surprised me by having the biggest and most beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to me at work and then when I got home he cooked us a lovely meal. I couldn't eat the steak he had planned for me as I have had an abcess under my tooth again but he cooked me a lovely piece of chicken instead. It was still very painful to eat but I did at least manage some of it. He had booked the day off so that he could do some jobs for me too so it was a really lovely day.



Anyway before I went to work yesterday the postie delivered me some new stamp sets from Tandastamps. One of the sets was the new Flower Set 3 by Kim Harrison and that is what I have used for the card above. There are eight stamps on this sheet.
I have used the lily image which I think is just gorgeous with those lovely tendrils hanging down. I know the colours I have used are not true to life but I really am rubbish at colouring so decided to do something a bit different.
The card is a trifold card with a half circle cut from one of the sections which folds over the front.
The papers used are DCWV.
The flower has been stamped onto a piece of plain turquoise and cut out leaving all the tendrils intact. These were glittered using Stickles Diamond. I then stamped and embossed a second lily onto some white vellum using Versamark and silver EP.
That was cut out removing all the tendrils and attached with a glue dot.
I have added a stamped flower border to the vertical striped paper using another stamp from the set.
This really is a lovely set of stamps and if you haven't visited the Tandastamps website before or if you haven't visited for some time, you really need to go and check out all the new stamp sets available. There are a couple of new designers with their first sets just being launched so go and take a look at what is on offer.



I need to go and check out the new dare over at DCM and see if I can squeeze in a bit of time to do that and then I need to get a couple of cards ready for tomorrow and also have a think about what I am going to do with the new Racing Set from Tandastamps which I shall work with tomorrow if I get chance.
I need to go and have a bit of peace in the bath first though as the dog has been driving me nuts tonight barking at every little noise and needing ten times more attention than he usually does. Hubby is home now so he can Smudge sit while I go and soak for ten minutes.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Happy anniversdary for yesterday Sheila! SO good of him to cook for you and do some jobs, bless his cottons! :D

    Sorry to hear your tooth is sore, hope it mends itself quickly for you.

    Cracking card btw! hehe

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi shelia

    Love the card....

    Best wishes kathryn (margaret cash's daughter) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Sheila - looks like another set to add to my list - oh to be rich! Hope your ulcer is getting better, and a belated Happy Anniversary.
    annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I know the feeling, it's been a busy week for me too, hope you feel better soon!

    What a gorgeous card!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with the new stamps Sheila! Our Wedding Anniversaries are a day apart lol! Ours is the 12th but we only celebrated 5 years!! Hope you had as good a day as we did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lacksadaisical - that is a long word!

    Long time no see - can see you are very busy:) Cards are fabby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-