Pages

Followers

Saturday 29 September 2007

Bad Blogger, Bad Wife!!!


Honestly I am just completely useless at the minute. By the time I get five minutes to blog I am so tired I can't even be bothered to type.
I was thinking that soon I will have time to play and mess about with some new techniques but the work just keeps piling in and then today I remembered that I still have to do my tax return which is a pretty awful job......simply because I am a rubbish filer and everything just gets chucked in a carrier bag to be sorted later........lol!!!





For the ladies who have been asking about my Totnes workshops and Demos there has unfortunately been a bit of a mix up with the dates for October and we are rescheduling it for November. There will be a slight change in the order of things with the demo now taking place on Thursday instead of Saturday due to Finishing Touches having one of their own classes taking place on Thursday morning.
If you would like an update on any cancellations for the classes or anything else please give Dave a ring at the shop an he will let you know what is happening.




Bet you all want to know why I am a bad wife too don't you? Well it is hubby's birthday today and I am sat here blogging when I should be making his card. Luckily his pressies are under control.....wrapped but not written on though. Poor fella......and after the lovely things he did for me on our anniversary. I'll have it done before he wakes up hopefully........lol!!!




The cards I have posted today are some I have done workshops.
The bauble card is my yummy Elusive images stamps yet again.
This was a trifold card with the front piece cut as a half circle but the embellishment was a little too heavy for the card to stand up properly so I removed the half circle and just attached it to make a DL card which now stands up perfectly well.
Cardstock is Bazzill and the backgrounds are done in what I call 'shabby embossing'.
I stamp the images in Versamark and then instead of covering with embossing powder I just sprinkle it over with my fingers and then heat it. It gives a lovely subtle distressed look which really makes the stamped embellishment stand out.
I have made the bauble by cutting one red and one green circle with my Sizzix die and then using a compass cutter to make a slightly larger circle in gold glitter card. The two coloured circles have been stacked ontop of each other and the cut with a craft knife so that when you take one of each colour they fit together perfectly.
I have stamped and fully embossed in gold and then layered them onto the gold card, added a shaped piece for the top of the bauble and a rather gorgeous bow with gold dewdrop stars.




I had to get my beautiful Santa stamp out again. It would seem right to make cards without using him for at least one.
The paper I have used is some that DD bought for me last year. I forgot to look who it was by before I cut it and stuck it down and would you just know I used the bit with the name on..........silly woman!!!
The tags are cut by hand but you can get a Sizzlits set that does some quite similar shaped ones.
Santa is stamped in Denim Adirondack and embossed in clear powder.





I haven't done a card for the new Dare over at DCM yet but I will try and get one done sometime over the weekend.


Right best go and get hubby's card done.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. I just LOVE your cards! What a fabulous job you did on them! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cards are lovely Sheila. I love that Santa stamp-I bought it late last year so haven't used it yet.....but I will.
    Happy Birthday Mr Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it horrible when you're chasing your tail all the time? We'll ring Totnes... would hate to miss you! Love the cards, love that stamp :)

    Huggggggggggsssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-