Pages

Followers

Monday 17 September 2007

Daring Cardmakers-Word

After yet another busy day [whatever happened to Sunday being a day of rest?] I decided that I would snatch a little time before going to bed to make a card for the new dare over at DCM
This week Rhi has set the dare and here is what she says.



I have posted two cards. One is from last year when I was really into the big letters and was very much in love with the blue paper from Magenta.
I made the letters by printing them in a 350 point Times New Roman font onto card and cut them out to use as templates.
Since then I have acquired a Cricut machine and a Base Camp cartridge.....now call me daft if you like but I preferred my original method of making the letters by hand. They just seem to look a little less perfect and I like that look.
The other card was made using some new paper from The English Paper Company which my daughter bought for me yesterday. I have torn the top piece and layered it over the tree print paper. These were then layered onto some silver sparkly paper and sewn.
The word 'angel' has been cut with the Sizzlit Nouveau alphabet and the stars were punched with a Fiskars plier punch out of silver mirror card.
Both cards are very simple but I like simple now and again.
Well the boss should be back from her holiday now but as it is her day off I don't expect I shall see her until tomorrow.
Today is our first day of opening six days a week and I am going to be doing Mondays on my own. I have a great plan to prepare all of the workshop materials for the week on Mondays so that we are not rushing to get stuff ready on the day. Hopefully everything will go to plan.
Best get off to bed now then else I won't be up in the morning. It's going to seem odd getting up to go to work on a Monday.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-


13 comments:

  1. These are lovely! love the colour you've used, great!

    Samm
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both fantastic in different ways - LOVE the angel and the colours; also love the snow and its colours. Just goes to show how versatile you are, Sheila!
    Ros

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the angel one. Great colour and lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are awesome!!
    That angel is very powerful.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve both cards. Simple but ever so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. now I know you parked that crane around here somewhere then missus..
    OH YUM,YUM, YUMMY!!!!!!
    esp love the angel one..too Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing wrong with simple, simple's good! I remember your big word cards from last Christmas - still looks great! Love the star trail for the angel one, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious Sheila as always! Rhi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are wonderful! Great idea to focus on the sentiment/word!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-