Pages

Followers

Friday 1 June 2007

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!

3am and I expect all good people are tucked up in their beds where they should be.
Me.........I am packing all my stuff away for Saturday, ticking lists and ticking lists about lists. Hoping to have everything done by about 10am and then I can just spend the rest of the day messing about and making a start on my sort out.
Can't believe how nervous I am. I've never done a private class at somebody's house before but I am sure that on the day it will all be fine.

Very disappointed that the order containing my Cuttlebug and new cartridge for Jiminy didn't come today. I bet it will come tomorrow and I won't be at the shop......Sod's Law innit? Still it did mean that I came away today with my wages nearly untouched. Just had to buy a couple of things for Saturday....some glue sticks and a spare brayer.

The brayer is for the card up yonder which is going to be one of the class cards. Three techniques on one card so although it looks pretty simple it is quite work intensive in a class situation especially as tools and materials have to be shared.
The background is a wax paper resist which I think looks just like crushed velvet with the Denim Adirondack brayered over it. The small flourish background is chalked and the lady has been coloured using chalks with a blender pen.
You will not be surprised to know that I am doing a Bondaweb technique......lol!!! Then I am also doing the floorwax technique and if there is time a card using H20's.

I wish DD was taking me up as she is so good at helping out. Unfortunately she is on a nine night, night shift this week so will be in bed. Hubby is taking me and then going on to a classic car show at Tatton Park so thankfully he will be occupied for the day. When I did a demo down in Aldershot last year the poor fella spent all day wandering round the town until it was time to pack up and go home. At times like that I do wish that I had taken my driving test...........luckily for the world at large that wish is only fleeting and I spend the rest of the time thanking God that I don't drive.

Well best get back to work. Not that much left to do now really .
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Lovely card (again!)
    You give such fab detailed descriptions of what you do Sheila-it's great. I'm sure the class will be a roaring success for you....and you're coming to Scotland when??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila - have a great day on Saturday. I'm sure you'll be fine!

    Love that crushed velvet look - so feminine, just gorgeous!!

    Hugs
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi just discovered your blog, lovely to see all your fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila,
    you did absolutely brilliant today doing the card class. It's my first go at making cards and I'm so glad you were my first 'teacher'. Truely wonderful.

    I hope we meet again in the future and I'll be sure to stay posted to your journal from now on.

    many thanks once again for today
    Rachael xx

    http://salmailart.livejournal.com/
    msn - artyrach@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this card. The design is awesome!

    Smiles,
    NG.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely beautiful, such a pretty lady, amazing background,... great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-