Pages

Followers

Friday 15 June 2007

Repose

Here is my second beautiful new stamp from Hampton Art.
This one is called Repose.
I have stamped her three times and all the colouring is done with Versamagic and other various chalk ink pads which I patted onto a piece of plastic and then picked up with a water brush.
Some areas have been embellished with gold gel pen and then I cut and layered her using 1mm foam tape as I didn't want too deep a decoupaged look.
I've got lots more ideas for using this one with some new mediums I have recently bought so hopefully I will get some time over the weekend to have a go with those.
Looking at the finished piece on screen I think I may add some ribbon or something down the side.

Well I had quite a busy day today with two ladies in for an all day workshop. It was very enjoyable but I came home absolutely shattered and fell asleep after tea. I think it must be the heat making me so tired as even though it has rained all day it is still very muggy.
I have to work at the shop tomorrow as we have a group of ladies from a craft group coming for a lesson. The extra money will come in useful for something I have my eye on that I am trying to convince myself I need but then I really should be good and save it as the boss was doing an order for Elusive Images today and I have asked for a load of Stampboard and the inks to go with it. I will never be rich will I?

Right I am off for a cuppa and then I might start a new book as I finished the other one tonight. If anyone fancies a good read it was Lake Of Sorrows by Erin Hart. A murder/mystery set in the peat bogs of Ireland at an archaelogical site where recent murders are being made to look like ancient sacrificial murders. It is a fabulous book and had me on the edge of my seat at times..........or at least I would have been on the edge of my seat if I hadn't been reading in the bath........lol!!!

Night night then
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely stamp that is.

    The book sounds interesting, I'll look out for it. Have you read "The Island" by Victoria Hislop? That's my recommended reading in exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila - that's a beautiful image, and so well presented.

    I'm reading The Grave Tattoo by Val McDermid atm... not as gruesome as her usual stuff, though!

    Hugs
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card, such a great use of a lovely stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooohhhhhhhhhh & aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh She is stunning, isn't she..and you've coloured her just so Perfectly Sheila... love this one sooo much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-