Pages

Followers

Thursday 18 January 2007

What a not so fabby day!!!


I hope everyone is OK after the dreadful storms today. It started here at about 2.30am and by the time I went out to work at 9.30pm it was absolutely raging and driving along the lanes to work was like driving across a causeway in parts. The fields were so badly flooded. Luckily there were no trees down to cause any obstructions.

I had thought that I would get the whole day making workshop cards but amazingly we had our busiest day of the week so far and all I got done was one card. I forgot to bring it home to scan so I am going to make it again tomorrow.

I've been after a small alphabet die set for quite a while and couldn't make up my mind which one I wanted. Well today I was lucky enough to pick up not one but two. I got the Quickutz Frankie Skinny Mini with upper, lower and numbers plus the Quickutz Maggie lowers all for the bargainous price of thirty quid.........yes for the lot!!! So I was well chuffed with that I was I can tell you.

Also had a rep in today who left some freebie stuff and my boss shared it with me which I thought was so lovely. So I came away with an ATD accordian book in a scrummy pumpkin orange colour........they call it bright orange but it's not it's a lovely muted orange. I also got half of the papers from an ATD scrapbooking set......lovely baby papers which I would never have bought being a Basic Grey/7 Gypsies fan, but they will be so useful for the odd baby card I get asked for. Yet more........a beach themed scrapbooking kit with papers, patterned cardstock and a few tags and journalling cards. I'm not sure what I will do with that but I'm sure it will come in useful. Lastly.......while the boss was looking for something she found three sheets of some self adhesive foam which is thin enough to go through a punch and she let me have that because she knows that I sometimes make my own stamps from dies or punches for doing backgrounds. Thoroughly spoilt today then!!!

We were looking at a lovely range of new papers today and I can't for the life of me remember the name of them........I just know I want them......ALL. Oh the colours were just amazing, all double sided and so thick that it was almost like card. The only thing with paper like that is how do you decide which side to use when they are both just so scrumptious?

Well that will have to be all today as it is top up day at the Post Office tomorrow and I need to make up a few 18th and 21st cards. All the stuff is ready so I just need to put them together and pack them.........oooooooh I soooo hate packing. I could make cards 'til the cows come home but packing I really have to be in the mood for so I am trying to train myself to do each card as I finish it. So far I have been very good.

As I forgot to bring the workshop card home to scan I am sharing some of my favourite cards today. The pear card I made as a bit of a break from Christmas cards. The pear was stamped onto some striped paper and then coloured with ink pads and although it doesn't show too well in the scan I have gone over the tiny leaves on the background stamp with a quickie glue pen, let it go tacky and then applied some Dutch metal leaf. I would have liked a more elegant P for the monogram but anyway it is diecut from mountboard, coloured with distress ink and then while the ink was still wet in parts I sprinkled gold embossing powder onto it and heated it. It looks quite worn and I was pleased with that.
The dragon card is made with a set of stamps from TandaStamps. That dragon is mahoosive and I love him. He's done on an A5 card so that will give you some idea of just how big a stamp it is. Stamped and embossed in gold and coloured using H2O's.....very simple but I think for me that was all it needed. The background is just a piece of card decorated with torn paper and a punched circle for the moon.
Back to work for me then even though it is just gone midnight.........one day I will find out how to change the posted time on my blog.....mind you then you would all know just how late I work and just how mad I actually am.
Keep safe peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-