Pages

Followers

Friday 26 January 2007

I love Blog time!!!

.........and why do I love Blog time? Well it means that everybody is either in bed or at work and the dog doesn't want to keep going out every five minutes so I get a bit of peace and quiet.........bliss!!!

Had a pretty quiet day at the shop today so I managed to make some sample cards up with some sheets of peeloffs that we seem to have rather a lot of and some paper that we also seem to have quite a bit of.

Sometimes all it takes is a made up sample to start a line moving that either hasn't sold particularly well or needs a little airing to remind people that we still have it.

I could have done with a lie down and a cold cloth on my head after using peeloffs, flowery paper and glitter all day........lol!!!

I was really touched by the lovely comments people left about the card I made for the Daring Cardmakers challenge. I really wasn't sure about it when I posted it and was a little bit nervous. So thanks very much to everyone who left a comment.

I have been very good today and turned down an offer by my DD to take me crafty shopping tomorrow. I'm still trying to wade through all this paper and stuff I have in a vain attempt to streamline my work area so I was strong and said no I would have a day at home working. She is still going out so I might get her to pick a magazine up for me so I can have five minutes with my feet up tomorrow evening.

Not had time for any stamping tonight as I have had a couple of orders to do so the card I am posting today is one I had forgotten about to be honest. It was in my portfolio which I haven't had out for ages.


The background paper was printed on my computer. I just typed New York, London and Paris over and over and printed off on copier paper.

I used a set of circle stamps by Hero Arts and Vivid inks in Turquoise and Orchid to do the over stamping.

The tag is stamped using black Stazon and a large background stamp of circles by Just For Fun. I then coloured with the Orchid ink pad, let that dry and then bleached out the colour from the small circles.

I stamped the face onto white card and then coloured with the Turquoise ink pad and after letting that dry I carefully bleached out the colour inside the eyes. This was then mounted onto black card.

The flower was punched from pink paper and jewel added to the centre.

The alphabet I used to stamp the words is a Retro lower and numbers set from My Sentiments Exactly.

Well it's a bit early for me but I think I am going to have to go and lay myself horizontal for a couple of hours and get some sleep........have to have a cuppa first though........can't go to sleep without a nice warm cup of tea inside me.

Happy stamping

Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. I might be a tad biased as you've used my favourite colour combo of that gorgeous blue and pinky-purple, mind!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-