Pages

Followers

Tuesday 23 January 2007

Do not read if you are of a nervous disposition...this post contains references to h********k!!!

Oh I have been such a grumpy guts today. I've had no time for stamping at all as I have had to catch up on some housework.....well it was either that or spray the cobwebs gold and pretend we'd left the Christmas decorations up......lol!!!

Funnily enough I did find a tree bauble under the sofa when I pulled it out.........oh yes we are talking extreme housewifey stuff here.

I always manage to damage myself in one way or another when I'm cleaning or cooking and today was no exception. I have a nasty bruise at the top of my leg, although I can't remember doing anything to cause it, a blister on my finger from cutting mountains of veg for the soup I made for tea and a sore eyes from cutting up onions...........they were very, very strong.They even made DH's eyes water and he was sitting in the lounge.


So I am having to go back to some old favourites again to share with you today. Hopefully I will get time to make some cards at the shop tomorrow . I have a class in the morning and as far as I know my afternoon is free.


The Crystal Keeper is another wonderful TandaStamps image from one of the Fantasy sets.

I found the background paper in my stash, coloured it with chalks and then added a glittery finish by applying Versamark all over the surface and then embossing with a Crystal EP from Stamp'n'Stuff.
The image has been stamped in Stazon and then painted with H20's.
I did a few images and a bit of decoupaging to get some depth to the finished piece and finished it off with silver thread and a crystal brad.


Mona is one of my Tim Holtz stamps. I have quite a few but this is about the only finished piece I have ever done with them. I really need 48 hour days!!!

Very simply stamped onto glossy card. I then masked areas off and stamped with various stamps around the edges all using black Stazon.
I then masked again and added different colours to the sections created by the stamps. I used my favourite Adirondack inks for that.
I then beaded some of the patterned stamped areas, adding seed beads with a tiny dot of Glossy Accents. Mona's crown is cut from a strip of German Scraps by Paper Artsy.


Right well I am sleeping on the sofa tonight as I don't want to disturb DH.......or should I say I was but there is a mahoosive spider meandering around the lounge ceiling so I think I am going to pass on sleep tonight and do some prep work........cutting card blanks and paper for inserts etc.
Bye bye:-)
Sheila

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! Sorry to read about your finger and bruise...

    Just love your work Sheila, you are such a clever bunny. It is very inspiring - almost makes me want to take up stamping (matt has just fainted.......)

    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a Christmas bauble under your sofa? Thats disgusting Sheeler.... Next time don't move the dam sofa!

    Net -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-