Pages

Followers

Wednesday 2 October 2019

It's A Ruby Kind Of Day!!!

I do so love Wednesdays.
As usual Ruby will be here for her tea so there is a cottage pie in the making. I am just waiting for the potatoes to boil and it will be all ready to go into the oven when she gets here.
There is a lovely ritual when she gets home...racing up the path with a shout of...Ganma and straight into my arms for a huge hug then into the house to dump bags and coat, uniform off and into one of my t shirts before she even thinks of having a drink and telling me all of her news.
I love every teeny tiny second that she is here.

Andy has kept himself busy this morning going through mounds of paper work to sort out what needs keeping and what can be thrown away and he peeled the potatoes for me....I loathe peeling potatoes so I was very happy about that.
Tomorrow he will be cooking as I will be upstairs having a major sort out of towels, sheets and duvet covers etc and trying to restore some kind of order to the cupboard where they are kept.
There is also a sideboard on the landing which has become a dumping ground for anything that doesn't have a home of it's own so that needs sorting too. I'll enjoy that.
Once it is clear I will be mucking it all up again at the weekend when I want to fetch all of the seasonal decoration boxes down from the attic to have a good sort through those. Basically I just want to see what we are like for Christmas cards and wrapping paper so that I can gather new supplies if needed but if we have enough I won't be spending any money them unnecessarily.
I want to be totally organised this year.

Andy has gone to fetch Doodle out of school so I will go and mash potatoes, peel carrots and make some gravy.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day all round especially with Ruby coming to visit too.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Ruby kind of day sounds like the best kind of day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I hope you all enjoyed a lovely evening together. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a lovely Ruby day! I got to go out to lunch with my friend and her wonderful granddaughter today. That was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and Ruby have such a lovely relationship. I used to love going to my Nanna's house and have some lovely memories to think back on.

    Sounds like having Andy at home will be quite useful :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Ruby's ritual when she gets to your house! Hope you enjoyed your clearing out of cupboards, it's very therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-