Pages

Followers

Thursday 31 October 2019

Autumn Dresser!!!

The dresser actually got cleaned and decorated yesterday.
Just very simple as I forgot that I gave our huge box of Autumn and Halloween decs to DDIL last year and it had all my fall leaves and lights in it.........


My tin signs stayed because I love them and didn't want to put them away and who wouldn't love homemade apple pie and hot coffee on a cold Autumn day.
It looks much nicer at night when it's darkish at that end of the kitchen and the flickering tealights are on.

It's a bit of an in and out day today.
Andy and I have already been out to do a small top up shop and then DD and I will be off to visit DDIL tonight....it's her birthday today but she has a busy day so we'll pop down when she and the girls get back from Trick or Treating.
Hopefully we'll get back in time for part two of The Accident on Channel 4.

There is a lovely beef stew simmering away on the stove for tonight's meal. I just need to make some dumplings for Andy.
I make them as healthy as I can for him by dividing the mixture into balls and placing them on a plate sprinkled with a little water, covering them with a plate cover and cooking them for three to four minutes in the microwave. You would be shocked at how much fat drains out of them onto the plate. They then go into the stew for the last half hour and hopefully don't add much more fat to the stew.
Usually I would make the stew the day before we eat it but Andy requested it last night for today so no time for that this time.

Well today has flown by.....and I must get off and write on a birthday card and wrap a gift.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


4 comments:

  1. The dresser looks fabulous, Sheila and yes, I would very much like some hot coffee and homemade apple pie please. ☕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jules....you would be welcome for hot coffee and apple pie any time :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely. Hope DDIL has had a nice day and that the girls have enjoyed Trick or Treating. Such a lot of fun dressing up at that age.

    I love dumplings but rarely make them. I've never heard of that trick before so need to try and store that somewhere in my brain. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DDIL had a lovely day....exhausting with everything that was going on but she was a happy birthday girl.
      The girls looked fabulous....Ruby was a zombie and Marlowe the cutest witch you ever saw....lol.

      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-