Pages

Followers

Thursday 3 October 2019

A Productive Day!!!

Thank you very much for your comments yesterday. It was indeed a lovely day with my Miss Doodle.

I'm so happy to see that some of my favourite bloggers have taken to posting again.
Welcome back Jane and Suzanne.....you have both been missed.

I've had a good and productive day today starting off by pickling the bucket of onions Andy peeled for me and chopping up a huge red cabbage which has been salted and left to drain. That will be pickled tomorrow.
I really wish we ate more in the way of relishes and chutneys but we just don't any more so I don't get to have lovely cooking sessions making those now.

After that I was upstairs rooting out the old airing cupboard. A bag full of old towels has gone to the vets and one or two tatty duvet sets have been put by for covering car windscreens on frosty nights.
Duvet sets still in use have been folded neatly and put into one of their own pillowcases along with a matching sheet....much easier to pull one out now without disturbing everything else.
I still have the bottom of the cupboard to sort out and the sideboard on the landing but I feel like I have done enough for today....my back was starting to hurt and I didn't want to push it too far.

Can't remember if it's Channel 4 or 5 but there is a crafting programme on at 8pm tonight which I quite fancy watching.
Anybody else going to be taking a look?

Hope you have had a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. I bet it's not long before the frosty mornings arrive, there's a definite chill in the air.

    I also wish we ate more chutneys and jams etc. just so I could have a good kitchen session. But there's not much point making them if they'll go to waste so I don't bother. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Golly it was soooo cold here yesterday. Not complaining though as we got a snuggly night with the candles lit watching tv. It was lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I forgot about the Crafting programme! I'll have to find it on catch up. Was it any good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann.....yes it was very good and I loved the three crafters featured last night. Well worth a watch.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Thank you Sheila. It's lovely to be back in blogland! Sounds like you had a busy day.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....and another busy day today Jane.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-