Pages

Followers

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Hugs And Kisses!!!

It was lovely to get a message from DDIL on Sunday night to ask if Ruby could come for tea yesterday. We hadn't seen her for nearly a fortnight and she had said that she was missing us....bless her.
I have missed her hugs and kisses but I got plenty to make up for it last night.
We had a naughty tea of egg and chips as I hadn't had time to make the chicken pie she had requested when I thought she would be here on Wednesday. She finished off with some chocolate mousse and was a very happy bunny.

Today Andy and I are pottering....well I am batch cooking a chilli and he is doing the washing up as I go along. Now we are just going to get ready and go for a ride out to the farm shop and have a coffee. While I am there I may look to see if there are any bits I can pick up for Christmas gifts.....I may as well make a start as it is coming no matter what....lol.

Hope you are all having a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. My Grandma always used to cook me egg and chips when I visited - I bet Ruby had a ball! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up with you Sheila. So glad you and Andy had a lovely holiday. It's surprising how a few days away can set us up for months so I hope you feel the benefit of it.

    Ooh egg and chips. Not had that for ages. But it used to be a weekly tea in our house when we were little. Loved it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a weekly thing at our house too Suzanne but my Grandma made it better than my Mum did so we always looked forward to a visit to Grandma's.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely evening with Ruby. You have put egg and chips in my mind now! I love them. Hope you had a nice outing to the farm shop. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I let myself I could eat them at least once a week.
      The farm shop is lovely now they have all their Christmas stuff out.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad you had a lovely evening with Ruby. Hope you see her again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I always love visits from Miss Doodle.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Egg and chips is so simple, but so satisfying! I'm glad to see you've got a washer upper while you are batch cooking, good teamwork. I love a farm shop this time of the year, lots of Christmas goodies filtering in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Grandma used to make us egg and chips when we visited and we looked forward to every visit.
      Andy does the washing up with more enthusiasm than doing a good job so there is some sneaky re-washing of things when he is done....lol.
      Our farm shop is absolutely gorgeous since they built a modern barn type extension which serves as a gift shop and seasonal display area and they have some beautiful Christmas stuff this year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-