Pages

Followers

Sunday 29 September 2019

Thank You!!!

Thank you all so much for the retirement wishes for Andy and also the recommendations for places for our few days away.
Scotland, The Lake District, Northumberland and many more places are on our wish list for places to visit when we take a longer break but for now we have settled on Tintagel in Cornwall....a place we both love.....as a base and we will get out and about to other places while we are there.

We had a wonderful meal out last night at the Miller and Carter Steak House and I can highly recommend it if you have one near you.
Steak is not really my thing so I opted for the pork fillet wrapped in bacon with apple three ways, Dauphinoise potatoes and Mediterranean roast vegetables.....it was divine and I could quite happily go back and have it again today....lol.

The lamb shanks and vegetables are all ready to be made up into Andy's birthday pie for lunch today. I cooked them in the slow cooker yesterday. I'm not usually a fan of my slow cooker but I didn't have a casserole dish big enough to take three shanks plus all the vegetables and the gravy. I must say though that they have cooked beautifully.
As there are already potatoes in the pie it will just be served with steamed Cavalo Nero and baby greens with the obligatory mint sauce.....I can't eat lamb without it.

I expect the Doodles will come a-visiting later on and we will have tea and birthday cake then the celebrations will continue next Saturday with afternoon tea down at the Doodles and a small party laid on for Andy and two of his colleagues in the evening....wives not invited....thank gawd...lol.

Cleaning has been done this morning so all I have to do now is make pastry and prep the veg but that will not happen until I have had a coffee.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. We love Tintagel and we're going next week. Hope the weather improves otherwise we might just get blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All sounds perfect Sheila. Hope you have a lovely day too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you'll be able to use the new bridge across to the Castle. It was finished when we were there last. You're busy, busy at the mo! Have a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Andy, may the celebrations be fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All sounds wonderful, a lot to celebrate. Have a great break away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-