Pages

Followers

Monday 23 September 2019

A Night Out!!!

Thanks so much for comments on my last post.

Well it's not very often that Andy, DD and I go to the cinema together. Andy will only usually go and see Bond films and DD will go with him for company as I refuse to pay to go and see them....I have enough of the damn things at home.
....but on Saturday night he came with us to see Downton and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. We will buy it when it comes out on dvd and then have a binge watching session of the box sets and then the film.
Andy then gave us a lovely treat of picking up a Chinese takeaway on the way home which we ate while watching a dvd at home.
It was a lovely evening.
Two things that spoil cinema trips for me....one is the fact that you don't see many trailers for films any more. We saw just two and the rest were consumer adverts which you see on tv anyway....and two....bloody mobile phones....nuff said.

Sunday we had a bit of a lazy morning while the lunch cooked and then I had to nip to the supermarket as I had forgotten to buy bread rolls for packups.I don't know why I forgot them as they are a staple on my shopping list every week.
We watched Millionaire and then that was another weekend over and done with.
Next weekend we are taking Andy out to a steakhouse for a special meal for his birthday and then I will have been out every weekend of the month which is very unusual for me so I am looking forward to October with just one weekend thing planned.....so far.

The weather continues to be reasonable although we had heavy rain yesterday which is the reason we had the lazy morning as we had planned to do some tidying in the garden.
I think it's still pretty warm during the day but night times are chillier and my hot water bottle is being used just for cuddling while I am sat up reading as my hands get really cold.

Today is laundry day  and although it is dry at the moment there are some dark clouds gathering so I am not chancing pegging out....maybe one or two lighter things but certainly not the heavier stuff.
I have chicken marinading in fajita spices for our tea which we will have with some salad.
No sewing today as I am not in the mood but I plan to get some done tomorrow while Andy is in bed.

Hope you've had a lovely weekend and that you have a good week.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. Having never watched a single episode of Downton I wonder if I should go and watch the new film...I am in possession of a voucher for the cinema! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was late to the party with Downton I must admit. I never watched it until I saw an episode by accident one night and then I was hooked and had to buy two or three seasons on dvd to catch up with it.
      I'd look for a trailer on You Tube and see what you think of it before you use your voucher.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Its been mixed weather here too so I didn't risk pegging out either. I will be buying the Downton DVD too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sofa snuggling and a few episodes of Downton will be absolute bliss:)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I would like to see the Downton film, as I loved the series. I love Maggie Smith's character!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Maggie Smith Ann....whatever she is in.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-