Pages

Followers

Monday 16 September 2019

Ouch!!!

We had a brilliant time at the Midland Game Fair at Weston Park. The weather was gorgeous....albeit a little hot for me at times.
There were dogs by the hundreds from the tiniest Yorkie to hugest Newfoundland and everything in between. Lots of Border Terriers which are my most favourites and DD and I spent most of the day ooohing and aaahing over them all.
The cutest thing we saw was a large caged area full of the most beautiful Beagles all fast asleep on top of each other.
We didn't stay right until the end as we had clocked the vast amount of cars and decided we didn't want to spend hours trying to get out so instead of eating there we visited the food festival and purchased artisan bread and an assortment of beautiful cheeses then headed for home to have them for tea with some salad.
My back and legs were just about destroyed by the time we got back to the car and I am suffering today but it was well worth it and I think we may well go again next year.

There is not much going on in the way of housework today....just a bit of hobbling about doing what I have to as bending is a slight problem for the moment.

I think Andy is getting into retirement mode a tad early....he made me laugh...falling asleep just a few minutes before he was due to leave and then waking up all in a flap and leaving the house without his snap bag and his shower bag and having to come back for them....bless him.
Only two weeks to go now.

Right I'll go and hobble round a bit more while the painkillers are doing their job.

Hope you are having a lovely day today.
Sheila-x-

6 comments:

  1. I sympathise with the sore back, hope it gets better very soon. Sounds like you had a wonderful day though, so it was worth the pain. You won't know what's hit you when Andy retires….just think, he'll be under your feet all day every day!!! (I know from experience!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a lovely time. Weston Park is gorgeous, isn't it? Hope the back pain subsides. I managed to get three blisters after my day out yesterday - just what I don't need before a week in a Greek mountain village! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely day out. I do like a food festival, especially being able to taste different types of cheese.
    These events can be quite tiring, being on your feet all day. I hope your back and legs feel better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful trip out. The artisan bread and cheese sound delicious. Hope you feel better soon. I did smile about your comment regarding Andy in early retirement mode. Strangely since retiring early we often wonder how we ever had time to go to work we fill our days so easily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to attend a fair that has lots of dog breeds. I tend to like whatever breed I am looking at at the moment. My dog is from a shelter and is Chihuahua/Corgi/Rat terrier and is a love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi grreat reading your blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-