Pages

Followers

Thursday 15 October 2015

A Catch Up!!!

Hello.
Sorry for the long time between blogs but it has been a tad busy here.
The last single glazed window has now gone and been replaced by a beautiful double glazed unit and we just have one old double glazed unit that needs replacing before it falls out and crashes through the dining room roof....lol!!! I just hope it will hold on until after Christmas.
The pic is my two autumn lap quilts which I made for the sofas in the living room. They are getting lots of use on the chilly evenings. These are just simple strip quilts and the one on the left has been more densely quilted than the one on the right. The fabric is two jelly rolls from Red Rooster Fabrics.
I have also made two Christmas lap quilts and have been a little more adventurous with those. One is a rag quilt (which I will post tomorrow) and I love it....both the making and the finished look.
The other one I made blocks and then joined them together but that one still needs to be layered and quilted after I have finished making the quilt for Ruby. I have had to wait to go to the sewing shop to get some batting but I have it now so I can get on with that. Miss Doodle came for the weekend last weekend and so this week has been spent catching up on jobs that didn't get done while she was here. I can't see the point in her coming to stay and the having her follow me round while I do housework so that all stops when she is here and all my attention is on her.
Well it's quite a nice morning here so I think I might go and take Smudge for a little walk.........if he wants to go. He's getting old now and sometimes refuses to go for his walk. Hubby will take him out and turn round to discover that he has hot footed it home. It's quite comical.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-