Pages

Followers

Monday 2 May 2011

Planks!!!

........no not me.........the card.......there's planks on the card......lol!!!
I started off by scoring the planks on my ScorPal and then dragged a Memories Colonial Blue ink pad over the card. Once dry I dragged again with a ColorBox Alabaster chalk ink pad to give it a washed out, faded look. For the nail holes I just pressed with an embossing tool and then dotted with a pencil.
Stamped image is Rubbadubbadoo. Stamped in the Memories ink and then gently swirled with Distress Ink in Stormy Sky before being spritzed with a pearly Smooch spray.
Just a simple reef knot embellishment tied using parcel string.

I've been a right busy old Manic today. Started off upstairs tidying up then came down to cook something ready for Mr Manic's tea and decided to bake as well. I went for a blast from the past and made a Caraway Seed Cake which I have never had since I left home thirty six years ago. It turned out lovely and Mr Manic was impressed. Didn't know if DD would like it so I also knocked up a lemon sponge.
There is all sorts of weird and wonderful stuff in my new spice rack so I shall be looking up recipes on tinterweb to try out as some of it I've never used before.

DD went out for lunch yesterday with a friend and came back with a plant for the garden to replace one that Mr Manic mowed down three or four years ago. It was a Mrs Bradshaw Geum which I love and now I have one again......yay. I don't know what I did to deserve my angel.

There's a rotten draught in here again tonight and the house is cold as we didn't light the fire so I think once again that a warm bath is in order and then a snuggle under a blanket to read for a while.
No Ruby until Wednesday so I am off out to do the weekly shop tomorrow and then back home for more playing upstairs.
Night night....and thanks for your visit.
Sheila-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-