Pages

Followers

Friday 5 September 2008

De-stressing With Distress Inks!!!

I've had an absolute pig of a week so I have spent this morning de-stressing myself with my distress inks and I have so enjoyed it.
The card above is the result of my efforts.
Main stamped image is by Stampington and this has been stamped over a distress ink background which I spritzed with water and then dabbed with a tissue to lighten some areas of colour.
Over the top I stamped a very fancy border from a set of Melissa Frances clear stamps. It is very detailed so I used black Versafine and then embossed in gold.
The background paper has been stamped with a text stamp..also using distress inks in pink and red.
The fancy border was then stamped in Pearlescent Poppy Brilliance ink and embossed with clear EP.
I decided that a greeting on it would make it over fussy so I've left that off.
I hope you like it.

DD and I are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Grey's Anatomy Season Four. It's been dispatched so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow in time for a gloriously lazy weekend. If not I shall be stamping and cardmaking all weekend..which is no hardship but I would much prefer to be drooling over Patrick Dempsey.....lol!!!

If you wish to leave a comment on any of my work you will find that I have now taken off the word verification and gone to comment moderation. Hope you find this more convenient.

Well I have rashly offered to cook tea tonight so I had best go and start.

Bye for now.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love this card Sheila. All your work is gorgeous.

    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Sheila. You explanation of how you did it is excellent.
    I'm sorry you've had a bad week, hope your weekend with 'Patrick' makes up for it LOL!
    I'm going to take the verification thingy off my blog too. It drives me nuts having to do it on what seems like every comment I leave so it's going from mine today!

    Katie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I've added yours to my reader. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful is that Sheila, the muted colours look wonderful and I love the way you’ve stamped over the main image with the lacy border.

    Hope postie was kind and brought your parcel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... absolutely stunning ... all of the layering of colors and images really adds dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you make the most gorgeous unusual card Sheila your work inspires me to play more with my stamps inks etc
    Wendy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh....GORGEOUS!! I love this look Sheila! Such an elegant card!
    I too love those distress inks! lol
    Hugs,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, a fab card Sheila, love the look distress inks produce, hope you are feeling brighter this week, catching up as computer has been poorly too!!!
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooooouuuu Ahhhhhhhh! This is inkredible! Love the way you stamped on the background paper and the image is gloriously pretty. WOW! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-