Pages

Followers

Friday 1 February 2008

Daring Cardmakers-Red and White!!!

Over at DCM this week the team are daring us to use red and white on our cards and this is my effort. I was going to do stamping in white Brilliance onto red card but I don't have any nice red card left as I haven't restocked yet after Christmas so I have made do with this red spotty paper I found in my stash. I used the scalloped ruler I made out of my Fancy Pants stamp packaging for the edge and then cut out little scalloped hearts with a punch. They don't look it on the scan but they are quite dimensional as I have folded and glued three hearts..........just like Dawn Bibby does with the peeloff butterflies. I then cut an extra heart to glue over the top as I didn't like the crease down the middle. Stems have been nicked off some paper roses that were going in the bin and these are tied together with a piece of crystal organza ribbon.
Love stamp is by Hero Arts.



Well I am soooooo disappointed......we were warned that our area would have approximately four inches of snow today and I was dead excited. I might have known it wouldn't appear. All we got was a hail storm and about six snowflakes. I wished I had had a video camera though to film the hail storm as it was quite spectacular. My workroom overlooks fields and at the bottom of the first field there is a band of trees and we were watching how far they were bending in the wind when the sky went as black as pitch and we saw the hail storm moving in from behind the trees. It was really beautiful in a strange kind of way. I still feel cheated that we didn't get the snow though........lol!!!



I have had lots of visitors since I posted the Bind It All Ribbon Storage book I made.......thank you all for dropping by.
I know not everyone has a BIA but that needn't stop you from making a similar kind of system. If using plastic as I did just use a permanent pen and a ruler to mark out the notches you need down the sides and then cut out with a craft knife or scissors. Punch a couple of holes in the top and use book rings in place of BIA wires.



Hubby dropped a bit of a bombshell last night. There is a good chance that he can get a job in New Zealand and he asked me what I thought of us moving out there if he was successful..........well I know we were on about moving house but I was thinking you know maybe a bit more local than that.......lol!!! However I am game if he is so we'll see how things go.



On Monday I will be launching a fundraising Stamp A Day raffle in aid of the Ellenore Wiseman Fund........you can read about it HERE I have lots of unused and lightly used stamps which I will raffle off for donations to the fund. Full details and appropriate links will be posted on Monday so please come back and support this very worthy cause.



Right I am off to carry on my snow watch......lol!!!
Bye for now
Sheila-x-



ETA-Anniki I have tried and tried to leave a comment on your blog and it won't let me
so I'll just say here that your card is gorgeous.

10 comments:

  1. Rubbish she says - girl, this is just gorgeous. Love it. Simple cards are harder to get right than fancy stuff, and this is perfect. Wow, New Zealand - hmmm, that is a big move. If it helps, my daughter went there in her gap year and totally fell in love with the place, said it was the one place in the world she would like to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS NOT RUBBISH, Sheila!!!! This is a stunning card!
    Your husband deserves it for wanting to come to NZ!! Come soon 'cos we are having the best summer for a long time!
    Judy NZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I love the little hearts, its just wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. NZ is the best place in the world to live Sheila ! Even if its a long way from 'home' !:)if you want to have a chat about migration at any time- you know where I am !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the little heart flowers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so elegant and lovely. Fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, fresh and nice and simple! I've been on snowwatch, too, but not too disappointed that it didn't come to anything...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is a great card:)x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-