Pages

Followers

Friday 22 February 2008

Daring Carmakers-Plastic Fantastic!!!

I did curse when I saw the dare for this week over at Daring Cardmakers. All of the stuff I could have used had been collected about half an hour before the dare was posted. So all that was in the bag we keep in the kitchen was a small plastic bag from some embellishments I had opened last night.
It's taken me all day to figure out what to do with it and this is what I ended up with.
Ages ago I saw a technique somewhere where you use hair gel inside a plastic bag and then add glitter and stuff........no hair gel so I used some waterless hand cleaner that is like a gel. Added a mix of glitter, micro beads and tiny confetti stars and swooshed it about a bit.
The frame was stamped and chalked then embellished with silver stars and a couple of silver blocks made from mirror card bashed with a steak hammer......an idea picked up from a Suze Weinburg video on You Tube.
Black outlines are peeloffs and the star borders are done with a Fiskars plier punch.
Quite happy with the outcome as it is very different to some of my earlier ideas for this dare.
If you have never joined in with the dares you really should have a go.......it is such fun and really makes you think.
Thanks for looking.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Sheila - love the techniques used and have made a note of them all! No wonder you needed a lie down, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card too! Well done. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card Sheila for the dare!!! :) excellent

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clever idea Sheila, it looks so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh brilliant card Sheila - I have come such a long way with my stamping/cards, etc. since I met you & started doing challenges!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a very creative card! I love all of the techniques that you used in putting it together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sheila, you threw it all at this one. It's just fabulous, all these new techniques, thanks for the detailed info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card again, Sheila! Love the colours and rhe techniques you've used - very inspiring!
    Judy NZ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, squishy stuff! What a fab idea, I'm still struggling with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In time of needs our minds will work harder...not having any recycling stuff was a blessing in disguise. I love this card !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can’t say I heard of this technique using gel in a bag before but you’ve it to great effect. Loving the colour’s you’ve chosen too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant Sheila, love the colours you've choosen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning Sheila and very inventive. I love those beautiful colours :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-