Pages

Followers

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Time For A New Challenge!!!

I know that it is a bit of a shock to see me posting at this time of the day but I just wanted to tell you all about the new weekly challenge over at the TandaStamps blog.
Tanda Teaser's will be set every Wednesday morning with Wendy and I taking turns in choosing the theme.
As with all challenges if you would like to take part then post a link to your work in the comments and we will all come and look and admire.
Wendy launched the challenges on Saturday and I have set the next one today HERE.........come on over and play.
Here are my two cards for this week's challenge which is to use music somewhere in your design. The background for these gorgeous Retro Man images by Tandastamps was a bit of an experiment.
I took a piece of silver mirror card and distressed it with a heat gun. This made it go mottled and cloudy in parts. I then brushed it over with Walnut Ink and dried it with the heat gun then gave it a second layer and dried again.
As the Walnut Ink is waterbased I then spritzed it with hairspray to set it.
I used the music stamp from the Backgrounds 1 set by Tandastamps and stamped that all over using Timber Brown Stazon, mounted the piece onto some dark brown card and distressed the edges by dragging down them with the blade of my scissors.
The man and the microphone have been stamped in Versafine-Onyx Black and embossed with clear powder. I then coloured them in with pencils and odourless mineral spirits.
The records were stamped onto some distress effect gold card and punched with a circle punch.
This card is just a very quick and easy card using a circle design paper by Hot Off The Press.
I have stamped the record image using Espresso ink and then added some depth with a coloured pencil.
The 'Just A Note' stamp is by Creative Expressions.
Thanks for dropping by
Sheila-x-


3 comments:

  1. Great cards, will pop over to look at the challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as usual, now you are really tempting me to have a look at the challenge!!will do so as soon as i feel well enough
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-