Pages

Followers

Sunday 17 February 2008

TandaStamps-Klimt

Oh I do so love getting new stamps to play with.....especially when they are as gorgeous as these Klimt style stamps which Sue Law has designed for TandaStamps
Of course I had to have a play and here is the card I made with one image from Set 1 and a border from the other set.
The background is just a piece of plain smooth card which I have dabbed with Colourbox Fluid Chalk Inks. The image is stamped in Stazon-Jet Black straight onto the background and I have added colour using pencils and Gamsol. Highlighting has been done with a white gel pen.
I masked off the image and stamped the border to look as if it was behind the main image.
After removing that mask I masked around the image and dabbed with Versamark, added clear embossing powder and heated.
Finished off with a thin black pen border and some brads then layered on to a black mat then a cream card.




Two very inspiring stamp sets which I will be playing with a lot more methinks.

Sheila-x-

13 comments:

  1. TOTALLY STUNNING Sheila - I really love this!
    I will wander off and ave a nosey at the stamps as I am a HUGE Gustav Klimt fan!

    Fabby x
    Love Bex x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card, the effect is stunning!!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh wot? Your cards are beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheila, that is a fantastic card and one of the reasons I've given you the "You Make My Day" Award - the details are on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous stamps and amazing card ... any chance those will be selling in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stamps - and you've done such a great job of using them. Also made me think of Charles Rennie MacIntosh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have given so much punch to this stamped image! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheila, I'm so glad that you like my Klimt inspired stamps and I love what you have done with them....look forward to seeing more on your blog and on the Tanda forum.....
    hi smilynstef...the stamps are sold by Tanda and I believe that they will ship to the US, just check out the web site.....
    hi dollymixtures, funny you should say that....I am a fan of art nouveau and the last stampsets I designed for Tanda were two MacIntosh inspired sets.

    regards
    Sue Law

    ReplyDelete
  9. *gasp* - Sheila, that card is fantastic - thank you! :D

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is stunning Sheila. I've looked at these stamps and himmed and haa-ed about them but you have clinched it! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow stunning
    love the colours etc...think maybe another trip to tanda stamps hehe
    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dear - I wish I hadn't seen this! Have to head over to Tanda now won't I? Just a stunning stamp and gorgeous colours. Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning card! I looked at these on the Tanda site and was undecided but you have inspired me, will have to get them now!
    Thank you for the kind comment on my blog, I feel an 'I'm not worthy moment' here. I have admired your work for such a long time.

    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-