Pages

Followers

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Piles!!!

A pile of junk, a pile for donation and a pile to take upstairs.
I am half heartedly having a sort out in the sewing room which seems to have become a dumping ground for all sorts of stuff that doesn't belong in here or stuff that I don't use often enough for it to be stored in here.
The pile for upstairs is so big that I don't know where it will go once up there so under the bed will have to do for now.

The outside freezer and store cupboard are looking pretty healthy again after our shop yesterday. Lots of chicken, fish and veg for making warming meals. Just a visit to the butcher needed for other meats for a bit of variety which Andy and I will do at the end of the month.

It's very cold here today.The activity in the sewing room should be keeping me warm but it isn't so the the heating is on to take the chill off a bit. I think we are in for some rain too by the look of the thick grey clouds. It won't worry me for today as I am not going anywhere.

Hope you are all warm and cosy today.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. My just tidied sewing room now has half made cushion covers and piles of fabric scraps halfway through being sorted into size/colour/solids. Not moaning, just happy pootling along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to leave this until after the weekend but it was bugging me....I am easily bugged at the moment.
      Sorting fabric scraps sounds very soothing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Decluttering has started in earnest here too. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started but I haven't finished yet. I'll be so glad when it's done.
      Hope your day is wonderful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Just put a pile of cloth scraps and old clothes on the sewing room table and am working way through ruthlessly. Tiny scraps straight in bin(I have box of small patchwork squares already) and the longer bits are going into strips ready to plait into a rag rug over the winter. The rag bag in the kitchen is suddenly full of white cotton cloth bits too - window cleaning will be in full swing soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be good if I was just sorting fabric scraps Trish but most of what I am shifting belongs to other people.
      I fancy making a rag rug for the side of the bed so I might just pop that on my after Christmas list.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Decluttering still going on apace here too. The house seems to have been taken over by my christmas fair makes. Need to do a huge tidy of the stock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite tiring this decluttering isn't it?
      I've not finished yet but I am sure it will look 100% better when I am done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. LOL.. your title made me think you were going to talk about actual 'piles' of the human variety! Kinda relieved it was piles of a different sort. *smiles* It's hot here now... heading into a long, hot summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha, ha Chris.....I thought after I had published it that people would think maybe that's what it was but decided to leave it as I thought it was funny.
      So weird to think of you roasting in the sun and us being so cold.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-