Pages

Followers

Sunday 18 November 2018

Harrogate!!!

Well....I can't believe that our trip to Harrogate has been and gone already.
We had a good time and came back with very sore legs and feet after all of the walking round.
I can't say that I got all of my Christmas shopping done but I did get a few things off my list and also a couple of impulse buys.
Lunch on Thursday was the most gorgeous hot meat roll....turkey for me and pork for DD........ bought from the market and eaten sitting in glorious sunshine....although there was a very spiteful cold breeze blowing.
We had planned to treat ourselves to lunch at Betty's Tea Rooms but the queue was very long so we decided against it.
We checked out of the hotel as soon as we got up and started for home and somehow we missed our exit for the M1 and ended up nearly in Lincolnshire...lol.....but we found a route home across country and called in to Derby for breakfast and yet more shopping for things from the list.

Since getting back I have been catching up on some jobs and today I am doing a roast chicken lunch before I go off to look after Ruby and Marlowe while DS takes DDIL out to partake of the treat he bought her for her birthday.

There is another Christmas Fair we would like to visit a bit closer to home on December 1st so I think our Christmas tree will be going up next weekend so that Ruby is able to come and help. so over the next week there will be some poking and dusting in corners going off....lol.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your time away. It's a shame you didn't get to eat at Betty's but that queue can be just a little off putting. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a shame Jules. I have been to Betty's in York but DD has never been and I would have loved to have treated her.
      Never mind....we did enjoy our rolls.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a lovely break away. I have had afternoon tea at Betty's a couple of times but I don't remember a queue thankfully which would have put me off too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to have a break from the everyday busyness and just stroll around.
      The queue was rather long and we might just have got in in time for tea.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-