Pages

Followers

Monday 12 November 2018

Good Morning!!!

I am so sorry for the lack of blog posts over the last few days but I have been unwell. I started off with a headache on Friday and by Saturday I was aching and shivering like I was coming down with the flu and felt really quite ill. 
By yesterday afternoon I felt much better so I don't know what it was.

Today I am back on top form and was up early to get to the surgery for my results from last week and it was all good news. Blood sugars....good, blood pressure....good and weight....still coming off. No need to go back until April for my annual review. I am chuffed to bits.

Back home now and I am just about to make a start on a fish pie for this evening's meal and then when DD gets back from her eye appointment we are off into town to do some freezer shopping as the outside freezer is now empty and cleaned out ready for refilling.
Later on we will be doing a check on stocks of Christmas cards and wrapping paper to see if we need anything. I don't think we do as I did buy quite a few cards in the sale the year before last and we don't send many now. Paper should be OK as I now use brown Kraft paper and I'm sure we got lots last year so I'll just need to make some tags.
We'll also make a list of people we are buying gifts for this year and see what we can pick up in Harrogate on Thursday and Friday this week.
I shall feel better for having made a start.

Well I hope you all had a good weekend and that you will have a lovely week this week.
Sheila-x-


10 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better, and very well done on the good results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better now, Sheila, as there seem to be lots of bugs about. I am envious of your trip to Harrogate as I love it there. I am off to the Country Living Fair in Glasgow with DH on Saturday. He doesn’t mind this one as there are lots of food stands! Happy week and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catriona.
      I hope you have a great time at the Fair on Saturday. I'd love to go to one of the Christmas gift fairs so maybe we will do that next year.
      Hope you have a happy week too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. After all your hard work I expect that your body needed a little break. Glad that you are feeling better now, dinner tonight will be a roast, I fancied chicken without any work so roast it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect that that is what it was Pam.
      Ooooh I do love a roast chicken dinner. There is a chicken in the freezer so I think I know what our Sunday lunch will be this weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better , I've never been to harrogate , It looks a lovely town and i bet it looks wonderful with all the christmas decorations xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I have only ever been to Harrogate on business so I don't know it very well. I am looking forward to seeing the lights been switched on on Thursday evening.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Thrilled all your tests results were good and that you are feeling better. We have leftovers from yesterday which I am quite looking forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM.
      Ooooh lovely leftovers. I think everything tastes better the second time around.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-