Pages

Followers

Monday 19 November 2018

A Morning In The Kitchen!!!

Apparently it is going to get really cold this week so I have spent a morning in the kitchen cooking lunch for Andy and preparing a huge pan of beef stew.
It is now simmering on the stove and smells very nice indeed.

I'm just having a quick break for a cuppa and then I have more jobs to do in the kitchen as the fridge needs a good sort and a wipe out. I'll make a list of anything we are short of and if DD feels like it we'll go out and do a top up shop tonight.

The Christmas tree is definitely going up this weekend. Ruby will be staying from Friday night until Sunday to help with that so I had better check supplies of hot chocolate and marshmallows. We already have some candy cane teaspoons which we picked up at The Range a few weeks ago and she is very excited about those.

We had a very exciting letter in the post the other day telling us that our mortgage will be finished on January 1st. We have paid a couple of large sums off it over the last couple of years so there will be a nice little lump sum returned to us to start off the new year which can be put towards something that needs doing in the house. I am hoping kitchen but we'll have to wait and see.

The Christmas shopping is going well. Ruby's is finished and just needs wrapping. Two gift cards to buy and another two will be done and then I just have Marlowe's, Andy's and DD's to finish off.....before the end of the month hopefully.

How are your festive preparations going? Have you started or have you finished?

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Hi Sheila. We always wait until 1st of December to Christmasify the house. I can hardly contain myself by then... We absolutely love Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We usually go for the nearest Saturday to December 1st but we are going to be out so we bought it forward a week so that Ruby could help. It's a tradition we started a couple of years or ago. She stays over on the Friday and then the whole day on Saturday is about Christmas as we love it too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Paying off the mortgage was one of the best things we did - considering whats happened since

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....we are glad ours is at an end now Sue. Our repayments were down to a minimal amount but it will be nice to have that money for other things now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Fantastic news about the mortgage Shelia.
    It is very cold here, a really bitter wind, soup and stew weather now for sure. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Marlene...particularly as we thought it was March.
      Filthy weather here today so we will be glad of that stew at tea time.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Great news about your mortgage. We live in a shared ownership property, own half and rent half. When I was made redundant 10 years ago the only way to reduce our mortgage was to extend the time to 40 years. Our mortgage is now under £12,000 and will be paid off when I am in my nineties. We may be able to do something before then. Christmas is coming, I Have purchased quite a few presents, but also starting next Sunday there are 6 birthdays between then and Feb 3rd Should start saving earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good news Pat and I am so glad that we were able to pay some lump sums off it.
      Six birthdays....blimey an expensive time of year for you. I think our next birthday is DD on January 3rd.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. You are way too efficient. I think I'll spend the holidays with you. What the heck, I'll just move in ;). I haven't even started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cut back a lot on gifts this year Theresa which is why I will be done early.
      Lol....you would be very welcome in the mad house.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Almost finished, thank goodness. Wonderful news on the mortgage. It was the best thing we ever did down sizing and paying cash for this cottage. We are only put a few bits up this year as we will be away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be glad when the last gift is wrapped and put away MM.
      I wish we could sell up and move but I don't think it's going to happen.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. That's great news about your mortgage Sheila. I'm looking forward to the day I can say the same, although it's a long way off yet. No Christmas preparations here, I'm waiting until next weekend to start thinking about it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Jules and it doesn't seem five minutes since we moved here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-