Pages

Followers

Sunday 15 July 2007

TandaStamps Vintage Ads




Well the guys at TandaStamps have done it again and produced yet more fab stamps that have have been on my wish list for some time.
This set has a good mixture of images which come in handy for all sorts of occasions as well as being useful for more arty collage work.

I thought I would go with some occasions cards and this Get Well soon card was such fun to make and such a change from the usual jokey or flowery cards you see.
I started off by stamping the 'Coughs and Colds' image onto the card blank using Versamark for a watermark effect.
Using the template above I then made a small paper bag from brown Kraft paper. I drew around the template and cut across the top and bottom lines with pinking scissors and then cut along the other lines with straight scissors. The dotted lines need to be scored before folding the 5cm section into the centre. Then fold and glue the 4cm piece followed by the bottom flap.
The 'Porous Plasters' image has then been stamped onto the bag using Blazing Red Stazon and then I added a little brown chalk around the outside.
The Quickutz tag has been swiped with the same brown chalk and threaded with parcel string. I have attached this to the bag with DST and then anchored the string with a Fastenater staple.
The mini thermometer was was from The Fruit Pixie

I thought the typewriter and pen nib ads would be fabulous for a card to wish someone luck in a new job in an office.I have used a background paper of typewriter letters and then stamped the ad images onto a tag using Saddle Brown Stazon. This has been edged with chalk.
The Retro Women image has then been stamped onto a smaller tag and coloured with pencils. After colouring I then inked up the stamp with Versamark and stamped over the image again about a millimeter off the main image and then embossed with clear powder to give a slightly blurred look to the image.
I added a paperclip to each tag and threaded them with parcel string.

I thought I was over whatever was wrong with me earlier in the week but I am still feeling very tired for some reason. I was planning on doing so much today but spent most of the afternoon asleep again. I find it so frustrating but I would rather go and lie down to sleep than zonk out face down into an ink pad or something.......lol!!!
Anyway I am off to do some more stamping while my eyes are staying open. I'm attacking the 'technique drawer' again and using up some bits and bobs that are too nice to throw away.

Catch you later
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. Your cards are absolutely gorgeous Sheila and your holly stamps look lovely! I am going to save up my pennies and get some I think! Thanks for all the inspiration, Vonny C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're still feelig a bit icky. Tell you what, though - it doesn't show in your card-making!! Fabulous Sheila. Those Advert plates are brilliant.
    Hugggggggggsssssssss
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Sheila, I love those advert plates. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Sheila! I see you have one of the other sets!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-