Pages

Followers

Monday 6 February 2012

AWOL......Again...Sorry!!!

Thought I had best pop in and let you all know that I am still alive and kicking.
It's been another mad week here at Manic Towers. An absolute whirlwind of looking after Ruby, cooking, planning and shopping for the birthday cake, shopping for fabric and making curtains, a night out with DD and DDIL etc, etc........you know how it is.
There has been a little cardmaking going on but not as much as I would have liked unfortunately.
Life with Ruby is such fun now albeit somewhat hectic. She is going through a sticker phase at the moment. Can't get enough of them. We make cards and pictures, she sticks them all over the sofa's, the coffe table and anyone who is daft enough to stand still for five minutes. Even the dog doesn't escape.
Last week I thought I would give her a little crafting box we got her for Christmas....just by way of a change. The box measures probably eight inches by four inches and the contents cover the floor of one living room, one kitchen and one back room......believe me I know....lol!!!
I would love to have seen her little face yesterday when it snowed. Today they are snowed in and DS had to phone Mr Manic at some ungodly hour this morning to see if the main roads were clear enough for him to pick him up and take him to work. The poor lad had a bit of a hike from the cottage down to the main road and then back again when he finished his shift. Luckily he is off this next week but it anyway it seems to be melting now.
Yesterday and today I have been making curtains for the back room. It's a job I have put off for far too long so I went off to Derby market on Friday and purchased some lovely red and white stripey fabric. I have some left which I will use to make some little aprons for Doodle.
The night out was fab. I was treated to dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant and we had a good old girly natter. Just what I needed after feeling so low with the sinus infection.
No Ruby this week so in amongst the 'must do' jobs there will be time for some crafting even if it's just putting together some cards with the toppers I have been making.
Hope you are all keeping warm.
Sheila-x-

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I was missing your posts. So happy that we do not have any snow, is beautiful but makes it so hard on all those who have to be at work everyday and on time. We have been so fortunate to have a mild winter so far.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-