Pages

Followers

Sunday 12 October 2008

I Love My Cuttlebug!!!

.........and I LOVE Basic Grey paper.
I think they work really well together on this card I made a couple of weeks ago.
The village scene has been embossed onto some gold card which has fabulous cracks in it so it looks slightly distressed....and then I just edged it with a red chalk ink pad.

Well I didn't get as much done as I would have liked yesterday. My shoulders were giving me a bit of trouble so I spent most of the evening and into the early hours just putting stuff away and clearing my work table and trying not to move my arms too sharply.
I did give myself a bit of a shock when I decided to put all my Bazzill and Core'dinations into a magazine file. I didn't think I had 'that much' but it got filled and then some.....note to self.....get it used woman......lol!!!

It's a gorgeous early autumn day here today and the view from my workroom will be very distracting. It's sunny but misty and the trees are turning which makes for a glorious sight.
It's funny that I love the autumn colours of the trees but I am not over fond of using those colours in my card making except for maybe the darker reds and mustard yellows. I dislike summer and yet I love the blues, greens, aquas and turquoises which would make you think of summer and the seaside...........what a contrary thing I am.

Right I had best get to work.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. Very Nice! I do like that Background Paper, might have to pop in and get some lol!
    Hugs
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so elegant love the embossed gold paper. TFS.

    Debbie/Phx AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder you love your cuttlebug; you make such stunning things with it! That little scene in gold is so fetching. It gives me that sparkly pretty holiday feeling! Gorgeous card; love the long layout too! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you say Cuttlebug and Basic Grey are made for each other. A scrumptious card and so very you!!!. You have started me thinking of the Bug again, shall I, shan't I, lol! Do hope you haven't taken all the stock from the shop as looks like I will be popping back for some more.
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I too need to clean my stamp room, that always seems to be at the bottom of my list. Hope your shoulders feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, lovely card Sheila. I need to put that embossing folder to work, got it at Ally Pally and haven't played with it yet...
    All the components of the card work together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love love love this Sheila!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-