Pages

Followers

Friday 24 August 2007

Up To My Ears In Blooms!!!

Good grief.......just look at the time. 4:40am and I am wide awake again and up to my ears in blooms and blossoms making cards for the local shop.
I had a lovely day at the shop today. No workshops so I was able to sit and make up some samples but this time I wasn't stamping. A few weeks ago we had some kits in with 15 cards and envelopes and enough Christmas embellishments to make more than the 15 cards included but they are not moving so I thought if I did some samples maybe that would show people just how nice the kits are. Well blow me I had no sooner put the cards on display than I sold a kit. Obviously the bits and pieces can't look their best just lying in a box......even though the box is gorgeous. Very sturdy so I shall be using mine for storage when it's done with.
I managed to get some of the bits I wanted for my 20,000 hits Blog Candy giveaway but I will need to nip out tomorrow and get some of the things I couldn't get.



As the cards I am making for the shop are just ordinary birthday cards etc I thought they'd be a bit boring for the blog so I am going to share over the next few days some cards made last year with my favourite stamps and other techniques.
Today I am starting with what must be my all time favourite stamp.......the Angel Chorus Collage stamp from Rubber Stampede. This is the simplest of the cards I have done with this stamp.
The cardstock began life as a piece of nasty green mottled card which after bleaching turned into this gorgeous turquoise mottled card.
I simply stamped and embossed the image in silver and then added Stickles Glitter Glue in either Diamond or Crystal.......most likely Crystal as that was my favorite last year.
I then cut closely around the image and mounted it onto a darker piece of card.

For this card I stamped and embossed in silver onto a piece of navy blue card and bleached out some areas of the image. I then painted the bleached areas with H20's and also added some glitter glue.....again this was probably Stickles Crystal.
Also added a couple of punched snowflakes with gem centres. Here I have stamped the image in black Stazon and then painted with H20's.
The image was then cut into four pieces and each piece was triple embossed.
Layer one was clear embossing powder layer two was Stamp'n'Stuff Crystal embossing powder and then a further layer of clear was added. The effect IRL is quite stunning as the glitter is suspended in the embossing rather than totally covering the image.
The four pieces were then arranged onto a piece of thick black card and atttached with a strong carpet tape to stop the stamped pieces from curling.

I hope you like them. I will probably be using this stamp again this year at some point as I do love it.
Back to the blooms then for me......after a nice cuppa I think.
Hope you are all having sweet dreams.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what absolutely beautiful cards. I love that stamp, and you've used some really good techniques there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards....very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow lovely cards and stamp. Love the first card you posted! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on 20K hits Sheila!!! That is a huge accomplishment. I love these cards. They are so absolutely elegant. Thanks for sharing.

    Big Hugs

    Pegi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-