Pages

Followers

Sunday 26 August 2007

Morning All!!!

Lovely day out there today but I as usual have some work to catch up on so I don't think I shall be going out in it.
I was going to blog at my usual ridiculous hour of the morning but I fell asleep after watching a couple of episodes of Grey's Anatomy on DVD with DD and managed to sleep right through until 9am which is very unusual for me.
I spent yesterday making cards for the shop so nothing exciting to show. Instead I am posting some more Christmas cards done with my favourite stamps from last year.
I am sure the stamps used for the following cards need no introduction but they are from Elusive Images. I dread to think how many of their Christmas stamps I bought last year......lol!!! These two cards are made with a set called Pear Tree which I love.
So here I have stamped and embossed the pear and script image in gold and then used H20's to add the background shading to the script and to paint the main image.
This was done just as I was starting to collect the H20's and I remember being absolutely amazed that I had actually painted this because a painter I ain't.
The vertical Merry Christmas is from the Stamp'n'Stor range by Sunday International and the Noel stamp is from Hampton Art.
The front of the card was trimmed to DL size and then I attached the red card inside after stamping the greeting.
Here I stamped the small pear image with brown Stazon all over a card blank and then painted them in using a waterbrush and Marvy le Plume pens. Once completely dry I chalked around the edges with a light and a mid brown chalk.
The layered circles were cut with a circle cutter (The one that looks like a compass with a blade). The script background was stamped in Stazon. The stamp is just a single line so it was stamped repeatedly.
The tree was stamped and embossed in gold onto a piece of green card and attached with foam pads.
The partridge was stamped and coloured then cut out and attached with foam pads.
Merry Christmas is from Rubber Stampede.


Well I am off to do some Cricut-ing as I have run out of a few things. I've got a horrible feeling I am on my last mat but hopefully it will last until I have done.
Whatever you are doing........have a fab day.
Bye for now
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. Wow - what beautiful cards - I love what you've done with the H20s - I just bought some today so going to have a try!

    Patsy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love card, I like the classic feel of these cards.
    Thanks for being such a fantastic inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cards, especially the Partridge in a Pear Tree one. Like you, I got rather alot of EI Christmas Stamps last year - and now I hear there are new ones coming out!
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, I love the pears on the first card, lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love those stamps, Sheila - and you always make them look so special on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2 great cards, I especially like the red one , the colours are so rich

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila, this is absolutely beautiful. I love that partridge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooo I remember you doing these last year-and they look as good now as they did then-still loving your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-