Pages

Followers

Saturday 5 May 2007

Daring Cardmakers-Wings


Unfortunately I don't have time this week to take part in the fab challenge set by Jane at Daring Cardmakers as I have a pretty heavy workload. So I have had a dig around in my files and found this Christmas card.
Now any of you who have this stamp will spot that the picture is actually back to front and this is due to the Packing Tape Lifting technique I learned from the fabulous Trish Bee.
The stamp was inked with Stazon and then wide packing tape was placed across the area I wanted to lift and smoothed out to make sure all areas were covered.
After lifting the tape off it was carefully attached to a piece of white, very fine ribbed card and trimmed.
The colouring was then done with a weak solution of Alcohol Inks.
I love this technique and would like to play with it some more when I have some time.

Well I am just off to town to pick up some essential bits for next week and get a bit of fresh air.
Due to various spanners being thrown into the works my preparation for next week is not finished so no trip to Cheshire unfortunately. That will have to wait until I come back from Totnes.
Have a lovely weekend
Bye for now
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. I guess we can let you off the little cheat seeing as you're so busy and we'd all miss seeing a card from you listed on the blog. But Sheila a CHRISTMAS card????? that is very close to unforgiveable in MAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL!!!!... you crack me up girl!!!
    I was wondering what it was going to be when I saw your comment... lol!!! I see Kathy has already roused!..lol!!!
    It is STUNNING my dear... such an interesting technique, well I for one am glad you shared this card with us... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous soft design. Really special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sheila, I've never hear of that technique - but I'd love to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Sheila - read about this technique a while back - not tried it as yet, I'm sure I could manage to mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a beauty this card is :) Christmas card indeed!!!! Have a good time in Totnes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Sheila i love it.

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card! Isn't Kathy scary, Theres plenty of room in the naughty corner *wink*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-