Well having done a bit of a Google and had a mooch around a couple of places I now 'get it' and am absolutely in love with them......and I have made........two (insert blushing emoticon)...........lol!!!
OK so I need to have 25 but I have two more than I had yesterday don't I?
The surprising thing is that you don't need to buy anything special apart from 140lb watercolour paper and mine was about £2.50 for a mahoosive sheet from our local art shop. The rest is just anything goes really.......pictures from magazines, catalogues, your computer, hand drawn or stamped plus some text and a coloured background made on your watercolour paper with paints, ink pads, H20's.....whatever you have. The first one is the hardest as going by that my entry would have been finished in 2010 but the second went together in no time.
It's great fun.
Had a busy housewifey day today and caught up with loads of jobs that needed doing.......you know the ones that always get left for Mum to do........I fully expect one of my pair to ask me one day if we can get an electric dishcloth.
Not much time for stamping then today. I was going to do something with the backgrounds I did earlier in the week but the day has just run away with me so that is on my list for tomorrow along with the Daring Cardmaker's dares for this week and a few more cards made with Jim the Cricut.
So I guess I am going to have to go back to something I have done previously...yet again which is a tad naughty I know..........still, how about some Paper Patchwork?
This beautiful face has been stamped onto Overhead Projection Film using Stazon ink. I then trimmed her down and ran her through the Xyron so that the adhesive was edge to edge and then attached her to a piece of patterned paper. Once I had stuck her onto the card blank I placed papers around the outside edges and attached them with double sided tape.
The words were stamped with a Hero Arts alphabet and the face decorated with a gem embellished flower.
Brilliant for using up scraps of paper.
The paper used here was designed by a good friend of mine called Jo.The tag for the Paris card was made using a Sizzix
blank tag and decorating it with one inch strips of
alternating papers. It was then sanded with a fine
sanding block before being embellished with various
die cuts, stamping and ribbon.
A couple of ideas then for all those offcuts we just can't bear to throw away.
Right a coffee and then I'll make a start on the stamping.
Bye for now